SOCOM: Fire Team bravo

Evil_Homer

Standard Member
This game is released in the states this week, does anyone know when its released in the UK???

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Probably around the same time PAL SOCOM 3 (for the PS2) gets released. i.e. who the f*uck knows...

Well i suppose since the other two SOCOM games got released about March each time, it's likely SOCOM 3 will be out next March, with Fireteam Bravo about then too i'd say. Although i know there was initially comments from Zipper that they would be out this November, it seems a bit unlikely IMO.

You could import, but i doubt the "cross-talk" function (data transfer of completed games between PS2 & PSP) will work unless they are both the same region, and similarly you wont be able to play NTSC and PAL versions of eaither game except against themselves.

I've been playing the yank version of SOCOM 3, and its good, so am really awaiting both these releases. This is rumoured to be the headset for SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo: headset picture?

Which goes with the previous screen shot of the S3 headset icon in S:FTB.

Evil_Homer

Standard Member
Nice one, any chance of some pics of SOCOM 3, also can you play on-line over here??

Stinja

Distinguished Member
I play via Xlink Kai, which emulates LAN games as online games (sort of). So no, not online properly, but some of my SOCOM 2 clan along with [OAP] and [HH] have been getting together online LAN games, plus the usual randoms and jonny foriegners.

Pictures? You want me specifically playing or generic SOCOM 3 (for the PS2) ones? http://images.google.co.uk/images?q="socom+3"&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images or any big game site (IGN, Gamespot etc).

pixel8

:hiya:

Daddy versus Technology... and technology is winning!!!!:rolleyes:

I've just bought my son a UK V1.5 PSP.:cool: The SOCOM UMD is from the US.
Problem: When trying to play the game, it's asking for an update to 2.0.
The PSP Demo disc is for V2.0 upgrade.

Now, homebrew!
Q. If I upgrade to the V2.0 via the disc, will i still be able to play the homebrew games? (and if not - how do i get back to V1.5?:confused:

Q. Why does the SOCOM game require the update anyway (I thought that the V1.5 could play ANY format and ANY game?:rolleyes:

I'd appreciate any input from you guys as my motto is "ask the ones who know"...

:lease: help or :suicide:

Cheers, Pixel PS...I posted this elsewhere in the AVF to get better feedback...WE NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!:laugh:

G

grambles

pixel8 said:
:

Q. If I upgrade to the V2.0 via the disc, will i still be able to play the homebrew games? (and if not - how do i get back to V1.5?:confused:

Q. Why does the SOCOM game require the update anyway (I thought that the V1.5 could play ANY format and ANY game?:rolleyes:

:

1 - There is a way to upgrade - downgrade but this seems like a pain, in one of the other forums this is recommended - it effectively tricks the PSP into playing v2> games - haven't tried it so couldn't give a definite answer.

http://www.sonyxteam.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=6&ttitle=SXT_Version_Changer_V2.02

2 - Official Line - To ensure that your PSP is up to date with all the exciting features that you expect from Sony products.

Unofficial - To stop those pesky people on 1.5!!!:rolleyes:

pixel8

:thumbsup:

Cheers buddy.
What do i do with the download???:confused:
Do i downloaad to the psp via pc or straight to the psp???

Sorry, but i'm rubbish with this stuff.... what i need is "PSP for Dummies":rotfl:

Ta!!!:suicide:

G

grambles

I havn't used it myself so i'm not the best person to ask.

sorry

pixel8

:thumbsup:

No probs and thanks for your help.:clap:

Top Bottom