Socket 775 DDR3 Motherboard recombination's please

Craigt1989

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ok, so 1 of my 2GB DDR2 RAM sticks got fried some how so now I need to buy a replacement stick of RAM, been looking at the prices and DDR3 RAM is a bit cheaper overall it seems.

So now it has got me thinking of buying a new motherboard that will support my current Intel Quad Core Q8300 and DDR3 RAM, reason for this is that next year I may look at upgrading my CPU so if I buy the RAM this year it will ease the finances next year when I come to upgrading the CPU.

I am aware the motherboard will have to be replaced when I get round to upgrading my CPU next year. So with that in mind I wont be spending a lot on one right now if I do decide to get the DD3 RAM.

Are any of the motherboards listed any here any good?
Scan.co.uk: Intel G41 / G43 / G45 / Q45

I would like to be able to overclock but that isn't a deal breaker if I cannot.

EDIT: oops about title

My current specs are:
Foxconn G31MX-K motherboard, Intel Q8300, 2GB (was 4GB) DDR2 RAM, GTX 560ti, 520W Antec PSU, Windows 7 64 bit

Last edited:
It might be useful if you tell us what you use the pc for. Also, are you planning to build a completely new system next year? What about buying some memory now and selling on the complete system next year. You'll get back the cost of the memory plus some I'm sure.

I use the pc for gamiing and going on the internet. I will be taking using the same case, PSU, GPU and RAM if i do get DDR3 RAM.

Do you have an ATX case? If you do you might be better off trying to find a decent second hand P35 than a G41. Overclocking a 1333FSB processor will be pretty frustrating on a G41. Some are truly awful, won't even get past 340MHz. Mine were never as good as my old G31. P35 is way better, P45 better still, P43 somewhere in between G31 and P35 (as far as I managed to push FSB on a friend's).

I have a Coolermaster HAF 912+. I think what I am going to do is just get 2GB of DDR2 RAM so I have 4GB again then try and save money to get an i5, DDR3 RAM and a new motherboard. The motherboards that I would be spending money on would give me no performance increase unless i spend close to £100 in which case I would prefer to save a bit more and get a motherboard and an i5 2500k.

Second hand P35 should be yours for £30-40 (maybe less if you're lucky on the forum). Same as a new G41.

Try asking on the forums. I've bought 2 and sold one gigabyte P35 board/s for £30.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom