Social media and personal circumstances

joner7777

FB now is 90% ads and silly videos.
It used to be of pictures of people's plates of food 😕 .
I have to use it now because the kids use a VR headset Oculus, that the software is run by FB and have to have a age related account.

To be quite honest, I would sooner comment or ask tech questions on AV Forums because I don't have to worry about people who might know me getting the wrong opinion.

I run a business locally and customers thinking I have a alternative view to theirs might encourage them to go elsewhere, so I keep my opinions to myself.

D

Deleted member 686356

I never expected Facebook to last as long as it has. I remember thinking it would be another MySpace/Bebo and people would move onto another platform before long. It's done well to keep it's popularity.

John

I never expected Facebook to last as long as it has. I remember thinking it would be another MySpace/Bebo and people would move onto another platform before long. It's done well to keep it's popularity.

its the demographic of the people that uses it , the same ones that never change energy suppliers , or banks, insurance companies , etc etc
all the kids moved onto insta , then tik tok . maybe twitch now ? not sure if i missed one.
thats why they are all looking for the next big platform to hoover up for billions

FB and forums in general have changed, lot more hostility now than three or four years ago and worse since C19. It seems to attract a new generation of people who take offence at any and everything depending on their mood or the current trend...they jump on the bandwagon.

I believe lockdown and social restrictions have become a petri dish for breeding people who are fed up with life in general and just want to confront pretty much anyone on any topic. There was an article in todays New York Times where they surveyed therapists in every state of the Union about patient trends since covid and they are flooded with patients suffering malaise/fatigue/depression and anger; my wife works in mental health and she's being saying the same for months.

Lots of angry people on the streets, lot of angry people fit to burst online too.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom