1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soccer games for the Xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by vanwel, Dec 18, 2003.

1. vanwel

vanwel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm a big fan of Pro Evolution Soccer on the PS2 and it will be out voor the PC soon. However, for the Xbox there is no decent soccer game (I don't like Fifa) for sale. Does anybody know if PES will be available soon, or some equivalent soccer game?

2. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There have been rumours, but I think it's highly unlikely that PES will be appearing on Xbox any time soon (unfortunately).

I think FIFA is your only choice really.

3. vanwel

vanwel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No! Noooohohohohohohoooo! Say it ain't so! :'(

4. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It ain't so! *

* Actually it is. Sorry. :)

5. vanwel

vanwel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heheheh, too bad. Well, let's hope and pray then...

6. BBCuk2day

BBCuk2day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PES3 has been out on PC for ages mate!!! It was goin at play.com cheap still might be! Best to play wi a p2s controller tho :) As for soccer games on xbox nope as the others said

7. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried the new FIFAs (2003+2004) they are absolute improvements over the previous generation and are now excellent games, which IMO match PES3 in multiplayer :eek: , still get their arse whooped in single player (master league = best single player football ever), they are however great games, and in the case of 03 are very cheap.

8. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    LAST YEARS FIFA WERENT BAD BUT WHEN YOU START BEATING TOP TEAMS 20 NIL IT GETS YOU DOWN

9. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    as a pes3 addict,i was sceptical about fifa 2004.so i borrowed my mates copy for the xbox and i have to say i was very impressed.i had fifa 2003 and thought it was dire,2004 is a vast improvement imo.

10. robbster

robbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    fifa 2004 is a good soccer game for xbox actually. Or how about international superstar soccer 2, played this quite a lot when it first came out and is quite good :)

11. vanwel

vanwel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, maybe I should give Fifa 2004 a try.
    And yes, if I remember correctly, ISS was a good game on the PS2. I will defenitely try it on the box! Hopefully they will release a new version soon.

12. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I still don't rate the latest FIFA. Off the ball is a nice idea, but it's too complicated for its own good.

Personally I'd suggest getting a cheap 2nd hand PSX and a copy of ISS Pro Evolution 2, which is the game KCET made before Pro Evolution Soccer.

13. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not just get PES2 on the PS1, rather than ISS pro evo2? Same games more or less but PES2 has updated stats etc (although there out of date now) and has a 16 way direction movement system (compared to the older ones 8)

Rich

14. sjallen

sjallen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Contrary to the above posts, PES is planned to reach XBox in 2004.

15. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phenom - Never played the PES games on PSX. I didn't think they were supposed to be as good as ISSPE2.

Sjallen - That's an unconfirmed rumour, unless you know something nobody else does. I think it highly unlikely that Sony will give up whatever exclusivity deal they have with KCET for releasing PES games in Europe.

16. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    You could try the Club Football games by codemasters. Whilst not as good as PES3 it plays very similar (same button layout etc) and has decent graphics. I bought FIFA 2003 because everyone said that it had improved a lot, which to be fair it had. Initially it seems great but once you know how to score it becomes very easy and routine and you never feel like you have the control that the PES games give you.

PES3 is by far my fave game at the moment but it does still have some faults - refs penalise good sliding tackles, player control can drop when the action gets frantic, the player routed to the spot thing still happens (where you pass to a player who has ages to move forward and gather the ball, but he just stays stilll and the ball gets intercepted). That's about it though and unlike FIFA the more you play the deeper you realise the game is. If you are skillful enough then there's nothing you can't do with a football in this game!