So....who's waiting for the January sales.....?

IanW1977

I'm waiting - Know what I want and have a 2nd choice, waiting for price to dope below a level and It shall be mine !

sisko

I intended to wait until the January sales, but when I got a 42"PX60 for £959 delivered I bought it.

Okay if I waited until January I might have saved £50-£100, but so what when I can enjoy all the films and TV shows in hi-def over Christmas and the new year.

Roll on new years day and all six Star Wars movies in HD :clap:

chaparral

Am waiting as well....

I hoping to grab a bargain on a new pair of shoes.;)

But i may pickup a new plasma if i see a 507 50" pioneer for under £200

noshoulders

Novice Member
yes i'm also after 42" PX60, best price i've seen is £899 cash on collection on ebay....

Hoping to get one at this price in Jan.

chaparral

At this rate.....you'll be able to pick up a Panasonic 42PX60 for £200.00.!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No thanks...Don't need any green disco flashes or scary purple snakes in my room..

IanW1977

Watched War of the Worlds just on HD - Didn't really notice the HD over watching it on DVD - Thank god for Discovery and National Geographic HD.

Mickle

Novice Member
Hmm may do but am going to NZ a week into the new year so may have to wait untill I get back before taking the plunge. Have been fighting the urge to run down to the shops and whack a new TV on the card for ages. I'll have to keep an eye out for any bargains tho.

chaparral

A bargain is only a bargain if its something you really need!
I really need some money...I wait for the january sales to see if i can find some cheaper..

yes i'm also after 42" PX60, best price i've seen is £899 cash on collection on ebay....

Hoping to get one at this price in Jan.
I have heard from a very reliable source that some Panny plasmas will be reduced in price in the new year, however, they will not include the 5 year warranty.

So, with that in mind and considering that a 5 yr warranty is approx £400 and they will be knocking off approx £200, i purchased mine now, and still saved a couple of hundred quid.

Mind you, im sure some retailers may keep the warranty in place and reduce the price.

Cheers,

JIT

Novice Member
Do Richer Sounds automatically include the 5 year warranty or will i have to haggle for it?

Steve-O 2007

Im not waiting (Just bought a LG 42" Plasma from Currys) as they do a price promise that thing that if the price drops right down within a few weeks of buying they will refund the difference (Plus I think Currys, Comet, Dixons etc Online Stores are already doing some of the TV's at sales prices) :)

Was in Comet today and he said to come back in on Boxing day as thats when their big sale is on ;)

chaparral

Im not waiting (Just bought a LG 42" Plasma from Currys) as they do a price promise that thing that if the price drops right down within a few weeks of buying they will refund the difference (Plus I think Currys, Comet, Dixons etc Online Stores are already doing some of the TV's at sales prices) :)

Was in Comet today and he said to come back in on Boxing day as thats when their big sale is on ;)
But i think you find that curry's online prices are always much much cheaper then there instore prices...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

LG SIGNATURE OLED R TV now available in South Korea
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display teams with Disney for OLED Projects
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Campfire Audio updates Vega and Dorado earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Oppo launches S1 and R1 4K smart TVs
  • By Andy Bassett