So who's up for a 13 channel all powered 9.2.4 Integrated Amp

Member 518284

Ex Member
Reaction score
So does anyone think this is going to happen and would you welcome such a beast

i for one always knew the reason why i'd left my front extra width/height speakers in place so for me i'm in

I think there's less incentive to facilitate this or indeed width speakers because width speakers are only ever utilised if the soundtrack is actually mixed to exploit them. It isn't like the ceiling speakers which can still be exploited using upmixing when the receiver is dealing with non Atmos audio, the width speakers would simply remain inactive if an Atmos soundtrack wasn't specifically mixed to utilise them or when dealing with non Atmos encoded content.

I guess it more important to those with large dedicated cinema rooms than your average enthusiast or casual home theatre user?

i think once the hardware is in place the movie soundtrack will be mixed to allow for these extra speakers

and its coming sooner than you might think

i think once the hardware is in place the movie soundtrack will be mixed to allow for these extra speakers

and its coming sooner than you might think

INSERT AD HERE LOL

7.2.6 actually makes more sense in the context of modern surround audio. I think Atmos and DTS:X can both utilise 6 overheads.

See,

as soon as I mentioned cats they all come flooding in :)

I might get a job in marketing?

7.2.6 actually makes more sense in the context of modern surround audio. I think Atmos and DTS:X can both utilise 6 overheads.

The home theatre incarnation of Atmos can ultimately utilise a 24.1.10 setup. The issue is that you'd need a processor able to handle that many channels plus amplification for the speakers present (not to mention a sizable room in which to accommodate it).

snapshot002.jpg

That's just ludicrous... but I love it. :D

The home theatre incarnation of Atmos can ultimately utilise a 24.1.10 setup. The issue is that you'd need a processor able to handle that many channels plus amplification for the speakers present (not to mention a sizable room in which to accommodate it).

View attachment 869273
Why no speakers in the seats?

I went to the Beatles Love show by circue du soleil in Vegas a few years back, ant each seat had multiple speakers - so why not [emoji6]

OK. So I just have to ask. Where does one get a 24.2(might as well go dual sub :D).10 processor? Unicorns-r-us perhaps? QVC? :D

OK. So I just have to ask. Where does one get a 24.2(might as well go dual sub :D).10 processor? Unicorns-r-us perhaps? QVC? :D

The Trinnov Altitude 32 can potentially handle up to 32 channels of audio. Start saving now, not just for this but for the 32 mono blocs you'll need to power the speakers with :)

The Trinnov Altitude 32 can potentially handle up to 32 channels of audio. Start saving now, not just for this but for the 32 mono blocs you'll need to power the speakers with :)
Why only 32? Surely it should be 34 (24+10) and a twin sub out as well. I mean if you're going to go whole hog why leave it a few measely channels short?

Why only 32? Surely it should be 34 (24+10) and a twin sub out as well. I mean if you're going to go whole hog why leave it a few measely channels short?

Yeah, but who wants widths? :D

I could hazard a bloody good guess. And it'll no doubt have Audyssey on board.

Hmm so the new X7400WA or equivalent then?

I'd honestly be more interested in 7.2.6 which I could accommodate much easier in my room.

The all powered bit has me a little worried. The last D&M receiver to try and stick 11 channels of amplification had some.......issues. :blush:

Certainly got a little bit giddy reading 9.2.4. Hopefully 'D' will have a power supply that can really handle that many amps. I wonder if it'll have a significantly larger form factor or just get smart with space saving. A separate amp by 'D' that you can hide away and connect up with a serial connector of some description seems more appropriate but then they're not in the market for separate processors and amps I guess.

A guy on AVS has managed 9.2.6 with some trickery using two separate AVRs. It's quite incredible.

Why no speakers in the seats?

I went to the Beatles Love show by circue du soleil in Vegas a few years back, ant each seat had multiple speakers - so why not [emoji6]
Anything that gets to drown the wife's voice out, gets a yes from me lol

The question has to be whether the proposed extra channels are to be additional discrete channels or simply a vanilla matrix of the existing layer. The latter wouldn't be particularly exciting.

I've badgered a few brands regarding this next stage too. The trouble is that the market is pretty much aspirational rather than one likely to actually invest.

When carrying out a huge refurb I wired for and installed a further pair of side surrounds as well as installing further cable for front wide speakers. I'd install it but, I have a dedicated room and I sell speakers/systems for a living. Most buyers tend to settle for 5.1.4. Those going down the 7.1.4 route are a little more rare.

This is of course purely dedicated room territory. Having set up a 7.2.4 main system I have the ability to matrix the discrete channels to secure activity from my existing spare channels up to 9.2.6. The only current systems that allow greater channel integration of course cost £10k upwards. The plus point in those said units is outstanding EQ which becomes crucial. The Storm Audio, Trinnov, Datasat, Accurus and now SL are right up there. The Accurus utilises Audyssey but a pro variation as I understand it.

A new unit with sub standard EQ isn't likely to arouse quite so much interest.

The only disappointment is that we’ll have to wait a bit longer for a new flagship AV product to replace the excellent AVR-X7200WA. There is one coming but it won’t be launched until the spring of next year, although interestingly it will be an AV amplifier rather than receiver, so no AM/FM tuner, and it will include 13 channels of amplification.

Denon launch new X6400, X4400 and X3400 AV Receivers

Holy moly 0_0 that x6400 is nuts! Wish the release date was a bit sooner though. Hoping to pick up an x4300 a bit cheaper in the future.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom