So whos going to be brave?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jrwood, Aug 11, 2002.

1. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And base their new HTPC on one of those tiny shuttle pc's, with say a P4 1.6ghz and decent AGP card and wintv/pinnacle card ?

:)

2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Was half considering it myself, but not for a while, i haven't even recieved my CRT PJ yet let alone upgrading my HTPC! Was also waiting for the new Shuttles to come out with the onboard nForce chipsets/graphics, to see if they would be able to work with dScaler.
    My setup is quite greedy, and needs an S-Video output and DB15 output (for PJ) both capable of overlay so that i can use my PC as a PVR. Currently the most economical option would be to upgrade my old Geforce 2mx card to one of the new Radeon 9000s. I don't play a lot of games, and the DVD output on the PJ would be more important to me (hence Radeon and not Geforce 4). Waiting to see if there's anything simpler that will service my needs (ideally a shuttle on it's own running all of the AV setup)

Just my $0.02 <~~ (Do we get to say that over here?)