So Who's developing the next Call Of Duty game?

Romero

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I know Black Ops is just out but with Infinity Ward basically dismantled and it looks like it takes about two years to develop a COD game, is there any news who's going to be developing the next Call Of Duty game?

i wonder if this will be the first in the call of duty series to be a "pay-to-play" type game?

are they still using the "modern warfare" title?

i think i read somewhere it was set in the future?

it'll be future warfare or something along those lines. will be interesting to see how sledgehammer do although I'd like to see what bungie could do seeing as their background is more FPS. Sledgehammer have only got a couple of people from visceral games, and whilst Dead Space / Dante's Inferno are very good games this will certainly be a test.

i wonder if this will be the first in the call of duty series to be a "pay-to-play" type game?

are they still using the "modern warfare" title?

i think i read somewhere it was set in the future?
this could be likely considering the message you get on screen with this game "free multiplayer with every copy of black ops".

makes you wonder if the next copy of cod wont be free online.

this could be likely considering the message you get on screen with this game "free multiplayer with every copy of black ops".

precisely

Well if MP isn't free on the next installment, I won't be buying it.

I didn't buy BLOPS for it's fantastically short SP. It was bought for the MP with the bonus of a decent SP thrown in.

I'd spotted that little message too - worrying and annoying in equal measure!

Aren't Respawn entertainment going to make one too? As soon as they get a team together though >_<

Modern warfare 3 is being developed by infinity ward and will be released this time next year, i think it may involve some sort of pay to play aspect but not sure to what sort of degree

Modern warfare 3 is being developed by infinity ward and will be released this time next year, i think it may involve some sort of pay to play aspect but not sure to what sort of degree

Infinity Ward no longer exist as far as I'm aware.

i think they do, but only just.

May 23rd 2011 could be interesting though. That's when West & Zampella go to court against Activision. If they win they could stop any future CoD games using Modern Warfare as the setting.

As far as I was aware, slegdehammer are working on a future version of CoD as activision have snapped up a load of domain names referring to future warfare etc.

let's be honest. Future warfare has to be the next step. There's only so much WW2 / Cold War / Modern warfare a person can take.

Don't forget, activision are now the publishers/owners for bungie too.....

Well if MP isn't free on the next installment, I won't be buying it.

I didn't buy BLOPS for it's fantastically short SP. It was bought for the MP with the bonus of a decent SP thrown in.

I will only play SP if my internet breaks, im a pure MP fan with friends online. Depends on how much they would charge for MP, I would pay something if it was more reliable.

BF2141 is set in the future and for me was one of the best battlefield games online.

I have no interest in BlOps, but if set in the future, it may grab my attention.

if there is a monthly fee.then i will definately NOT be buying it.or any online fee.thats why a brought a ps3 and got rid of my xbox.because its free to play online(that and the xbox died 4 times on me).

I'd pay a mthly fee depending on the price and obviously how good the game was. I've paid subscriptions for a few pc games online before so that side of things doesn't bother me. It would have to be a stellar game though!

Possibly true, but they may exist under a different name.

I don't care who makes the next COD game as long as it's not Treyarch :rotfl:

let's be honest. Future warfare has to be the next step. There's only so much WW2 / Cold War / Modern warfare a person can take.

Don't forget, activision are now the publishers/owners for bungie too.....

i dont think they own bungie only publish for them.

Well if the fee was something like £10 per month I don't think many people would be buying it, but if it's more like £20-30 per year, that would equate to what you would spend on DLC, which would become inclusive as part of your subscription. If it brings added value in other ways, better services, quicker patches, MP beta, dedicated servers perhaps? then it would be good value I think.

Well if the fee was something like £10 per month I don't think many people would be buying it, but if it's more like £20-30 per year, that would equate to what you would spend on DLC, which would become inclusive as part of your subscription. If it brings added value in other ways, better services, quicker patches, MP beta, dedicated servers perhaps? then it would be good value I think.

well if we had to p2p then I'd def expect ded servers, if not you wouldn't see a penny from me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom