So who has got to work on Christmas day?

Bill Hicks

Banned
Found out yesterday that I have got to work on Christmas day.
So I'm wondering who else will be working over the Xmas weekend?

Bah humbug and all that. :devil:

jsniper

Bill Hicks said:
Found out yesterday that I have got to work on Christmas day.
So I'm wondering who else will be working over the Xmas weekend?

Bah humbug and all that. :devil:

I'm not thankfully but my stepdad is. It's always noticeable on the occasions he's not there. Mainly because we don't get through a load of Marstons pedigree until he gets home about 8pm lol. Thankfully I've got christmas eve and day off work. But I'm working boxing day, new years eve and new years day! :( no big night out for me this year!

mhorton

I'm not working this year, this is the first time in 3 years where I haven't been rota on. Finish Christmas Eve morning, and not back until the Wednesday.

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
I did every Christmas and New Year for 10 straight years in my old job. I have to say I really enjoy Christmas these days because I can now enjoy it fully.
Stay safe to those who have to work this year, especially emergency services workers.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
I've never worked anywhere that is open at Christmas. For a few years I could technically have been called if one of the automated systems failed, but it never happened. Certainly didn't stop me enjoying a few mulled wines :)

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Blimey - now I see how you bought the OH so much for Christmas ;)

mjn

Distinguished Member
I'll be working from 8pm on Xmas eve until ~2.30am on Xmas day......and i'll certainly be half cut :)

kevykat

Distinguished Member
just found out im away to join a boat in almeria, spain. not home til 4th jan. SUX

stument

Distinguished Member
Not this year, but last year i spent my Xmas day off the coast of Somalia..

This year my dad is away fro Xmas Day hes over there this time :laugh:

kevykat

Distinguished Member
im an ROV pilot

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
man that is pretty extreme! do you 'work' while on holidays? Christmas day is a Sunday this year, but you say it's your first day off... :eek:

Geege

I have three young kids so looking forward to it this year! I have to work Christmas eve 2300-0700 :( but have Christmas day off :D

Already been told no one is allowed time off/annual leave between 21st Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 :mad: Typical!

Sparky83

I'm on shift over Xmas, start my nights on the 22nd, so working xmas eve, Xmas day too. Then I'm off and come back just in time to work new years eve and new years day.... Fantastic!!!

Although luckily we get treble time, yay!

liveforav

I'm on call over Christmas, but can usually fix most things remotely so no great shakes.. Getting paid while tucking into my Xmas dinner at home is nice :)

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
Night shift finishing Christmas Eve, Boxing Day morning from 8-1.

Shifts worked out ok this year, I'm also on night shifts into the 27th and the 2nd of January which will be double time due to the in lieu bank holidays. So I get double time without doing the crappy shift. Christmas eve shift will be standard time and a half, boxing day and the other bank holiday shifts double time.

The wife is working 6-12 on Christmas day, triple time.

SuperG1

I'm first on the security alarm call out but off 23rd to 3rd Jan..

qwerty321

Night shift finishing Christmas Eve, Boxing Day morning from 8-1.

Shifts worked out ok this year, I'm also on night shifts into the 27th and the 2nd of January which will be double time due to the in lieu bank holidays. So I get double time without doing the crappy shift. Christmas eve shift will be standard time and a half, boxing day and the other bank holiday shifts double time.

The wife is working 6-12 on Christmas day, triple time.

Did you get your work issue sorted with the 2 jobs and whatnot?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 24th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
LG opens up webOS platform to TV manufacturers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
NAD launches MDC USB DSD upgrade module
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published