So which way is it going then?

blue max

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cat-optical-illusion-small.jpg

Up or down?

Cameron and Miliband clash over whether cat is going up or down the stairs

Down.

Down. I think those lips on the edge on on the risers - it would be unusual to have them on the tread as it would be a dangerous trip hazard.

Cheers,

Nigel

I would say going up. Looking at its (front) left leg, it has got its foot on the step below whilst raising its (front) right foot to put on the step above. Agree the tread of the steps doesn't look right for that - but its just a novel design (like those in parks with a wooden ledge and earth/gravel filled core) and that is why the photo works as a teaser. IMHO anyway - and I reserve the right to be completely wrong as I know nothing about cats. :)

Level - comedy steps

Down - in addition to the overhang belonging to the step not the riser, it's more usual for the slab inlays in the wall to rest on the step, as opposed to being butted vertically against the riser. Therefore 'down' corresponds to a commonplace stair construction, whilst 'up' would require an unusual one that happens to mimic an inverted common one. The former is more probable.

The cat hasn't decided, but this time, this time, it will manage to trip up it's human and break their neck. Hopefully.

Down because of the risers and also the casting of the shadow suggests the sun is shining down.

Looks photoshopped to me :devil:

I've just lost 3mins and 40secs reading all the comments to this thread. I'm never gonna get that time back...

I've just lost 3mins and 40secs reading all the comments to this thread. I'm never gonna get that time back...

back or forwards?

From that great wisdom comes.

Are you doing the Yoda voice? :D

They're both lying. It's standing still.

It's not cat, it's a mental image created by a projection on my retina from a two dimensional LCD pixel array....god, I'm boring myself zzzzzzzz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom