So Which TV Crime Show Really Is The Best?

Which of these is the best show?

• The Sopranos

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • The Wire

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • The Shield

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Homicide: Life On The Street

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PoochJD

Ok,

So you've got to pick one from these four shows, so we can see which one is genuinely the King of US Crime TV shows. Votes are confidential, but I will then do a second poll with the Top 2 fighting it off against each other.

Vote away! You have one week. :)

Pooch

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer

^what he said

Last edited:

krish

Distinguished Member
Who chose the shortlist and why such a short one with limited choices and therefore unrepresentative? Rendered worthless for those reasons, as you can't draw any fair conclusions from it about voters' tastes.

Furthermore The Sopranos isn't really a crime genre show, it's more of a domestic drama about a family, where the father/husband just happens to be a mob boss. That would make it an even shorter list.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
If Soprano's is in it then surely Breaking Bad could make it into it along with quite a few other shows.
What about Dexter ?

Is this just your choice then Pooch I am guessing, you not like any other shows ?

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
Out of the list easily the shield imo, but wheres breaking bad :eek:, definitely a list topper

Last edited:

Redline

Never watched any of those shows in the poll but the best crime/drama series for me was The Sweeney. Never get tired of watching the repeats.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Shameful to not have The Bill and Heartbeat in the list as well ;)

cebs_uk

Not to many got justice in Oz, the only time it happened seemed to be a dream sequence. Only problem I have with OZ is that whenever someone from here is in another show I can always see them in this.

This is a good poll to do but why not make it a bigger list and do a knockout comp like the picture ones over in the GC.

You have to put on Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue, Thirdwatch and Miami Vice on for me as I liked all those.

Out of these I can't pick between Homicide and The Wire, both great in different ways but I always loved watching Frank in the box and loved the R1 boxset when I got it years ago.

Last edited:

PoochJD

Hi,

The choices were chosen by me, not because I feel that they are the best, but because these four shows are generally considered by critics, TV viewers and other assorted media peeps, to be the four best crime shows of recent times, if not the best ever.

Whilst I could have included lots of others, my intention was to try and see what is considered by you folks, to be the absolute best of the best. The top dog. The one show that genuinely, has so few faults, that it is pretty much TV nirvana!

Shows like OZ, BREAKING BAD, THIRD WATCH, NYPD BLUE, DEXTER, etc, etc are all fantastic, but they don't usually tend to get labelled as being the absolute cream of US crime shows - not against the likes of THE SOPRANOS and THE WIRE.

Pooch

redwing

hmm wont let me vote, but for me out of that list The Sheild easily ,prob be The Sheild no matter what the list even including Dexter , Oz ect

IRobot

The Shield is excellent, I've been watching it over the last couple of weeks. I'm half way through the final series at the moment. It's not as good as The Wire though. The Wire is the best show I've ever seen on TV.