So which is the best of the bunch then?

Kirk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am just building my A/V setup and already am ammassing a stuipid amount of Remotes! :rolleyes:

What are peoples general feeling about which is the best couple of LCD remotes to be using?

I am looking at controlling a Denon AVR-3802, Denon DVD-2800, Toshiba 42WP16 Plasma, Pace Sky Digibox, Panasonic VHS (maybe)

I will want it to pretty much control all things, power on/off,channel changing,ejects, chapter skips, fast forward/rewind etc etc on all devices.....is this possible?

I don't see the benfit other than wow facter (and yes memory) for punting up for the colour versions of Pronto & Marantz though.

It's not a massive amount of kit, so I guess a controller with 1 or 2 meg of memory would be sufficient?

What are you guy's experience with these thing? Good or Bad....

Why not just go for the 2mb standard Pronto..£130..I use mine to control TV,VCR,SKY,2 Amps,CD,MD,G/Eq,DVD & still got 77% memory free !!

That sounds cool.

What exactly does it control on the devices though....I mean can you do all dunctions of the DVD .....by that I mean can you use the pronto to move around DVD menu's and while watching films can you use the chapter skips and fast forwards etc?

I know they seem like silly questions, but I have pretty much mainly Panasonic devices at the moment which has a TV remote that will control the DVD & VCR however only very basic things like play, stop etc.

The pronto will do everybutton and command your current remote can, also some it cant such as discrete on and discrete off.

It does pretty much anything you'd want it to. The best thing to do, is pop over to www.remotecentral.com and download the steup software/emulator for it and a few config files so you can have a play before you comit yourself. If you think you'll want hard cursor buttons, it might be worth looking at a Marantz RC5200 instead, there's software and config files for that at Remote Central too. I've currently got a Marantz RC5000 which is about 99% the same as a Pronto, and am looking at switching to an RC5200.

Martin.

Thanks chaps.....I will scoot over and have a looksee...these RC's are sounding like the mutts! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom