so where should i order kill bill uncut/colour now?

deltafx

Established Member
Reaction score
after cdwow cockup.? still want kill bill uncut/colour.where is the
cheapest place now with shiping. may be yesasia.? anyone
know some where cheaper that you have used and know them to
be ok..

amazon.co.jp with the slowest economy shipping.. I think they are still selling it 20% off list.. also you do not have to pay some domestic tax.. hence the price on screen seems to go down even further once you get to checkout.

Matt

Is this for the Japanese version? Does it have the English subs?

Originally posted by deltafx
after cdwow cockup.?

My copy from cdwow is on it's way to me now what cock up are you refering to?

It has no English subs in it whatsoever and its the cut version ie: black and white scenes.. Have a look on the Kill Bill 7 page thread..

as far as i know the jpn has english subs though supposedly not auto in the film.. i.e you would have to turn them on..

Other option maybe the Korean R3.. try www.koreandvds.com

Matt

the trouble with any R3 release is they will not feature any of the burnt english subtitles. Having to turn them on and off in the appropriate places would be a major pain in the back side.

I would recommend getting the cheapest possible version of this film just now & then hold on for the delux directors cut special edition before everyone goes insane with confusion...you know you're all going to buy it again when it's rereleased..I know I am:D

Lets learn from the LOTR discs, aliens discs, flipper discs and so on of this world and be patient...:smoke:

peace

berth

I have not read the long cdwow thread so thanks ofr the info, i think i will be patient and wait for the deluxe set if it materialises

Kill Bill & Star Wars, buy in 12 months time when we all know what's what and they're all under a tenner :)

Originally posted by Matt Horne
as far as i know the jpn has english subs though supposedly not auto in the film.. i.e you would have to turn them on..

Other option maybe the Korean R3.. try www.koreandvds.com

Matt

I thought about ordering the Uncut version from there but it states a running time of 111mins and I thought the fully Uncut Japanese release was 113mins?

Does that mean it is still missing footage that the Region 2 Japanese release has?

Gutted,

I ordered R3 Kill Bill Volume One (Uncut: Hong Kong & Japan Cinematic Version) on the 7th at 2:45 in the afternoon

Today I got an email during the night saying it’s been sent from CDWOW and now I’ve just read this thread saying it’s cut etc. What a Cock-up.

How easy is to return goods to CDWOW and do they credit your card or give vouchers etc?

I already had the R! on order but like most of us, you prefer to see an uncut version.

Has CDWOW made a statement about this Cock-up? You would think that we would have received an email before despatching to customers and asking if they still want the R3. :( :thumbsdow

Email CD wow and tell them you will be returning it. They accept why you are and send you a freepost envelope to return it in. Thats customer care of the top quality to me!

Cheers Shedsounds. :thumbsup:

So what version is everyone going for, the Region 3 Thai version, the Region 3 Korean version or the Region 2 Japanese version?

Pre-order (R2) from HMV and get a KillBill keyring - or - from Virgin and get a free pack of Killbill playing cards... :smashin:

Originally posted by Simon6776
I've ordered the R3 Thai version from www.dvdfromasia.com. :rolleyes:

I am tempted to get the Thai version but I am a little confused about the description on their site, it says its PAL and 133mins long but if it was PAL wouldnt it be more like 110mins due to PAL speed up?

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
I am tempted to get the Thai version but I am a little confused about the description on their site, it says its PAL and 133mins long but if it was PAL wouldnt it be more like 110mins due to PAL speed up?

Oh, cheers!! Just to confuse me even more! :rolleyes: :D :D To be honest, I've got past the stage of caring. I'll find out whether it's PAL or NTSC when I get it. As long as it's the uncut version, I don't mind.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Could be a boot. Doesn't say if it's PAL or NTSC, but states 111 minutes, which isn't the magic 113 minutes, unless it's 111 minutes on PAL. :confused:

I'm sure there will be an "unrated" box set of both parts in the USA when its been out for a while.

If you are interested in the Region 3 Thai release you might want to check out www.versatiledisc.co.uk who are based in the UK and are offering it for £15.99 delivered, never heard of them before but might be worth a try.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom