So where are you going on holiday this summer?

31st Aug! Is that specific to Italy? I booked earlier flights (not Italy) than that last night..

31st Aug! Is that specific to Italy? I booked earlier flights (not Italy) than that last night..

it must have been some glitch as I searched again and was ok...!
but was from leeds / bradford to pisa..

I've got flights booked to Sardinia on May 25th. Really wanting a refund on those!

Expedia have backed down and are giving me a refund (minus some taxes apparently) for my Russian flights. I'll be interested to see how much they actually refund.

They've offered me a voucher for my non-refundable St Petersberg Hotel which is less than worthless to me so I will decline and claim for the hotel and the visas on my insurance once I've received my flight refund.

What a mess.

pretty straightforward on the refunds, easyjet offered a voucher and i've accepted. Always a wonder of airlines going bust and such but i'll take a chance as we want to book again as soon as we are allowed

Travel republic contacted me before I contacted them, offered a free amendment or full refund, took the refund and being processed now

Halifax Travel Insurance are saying that if you are offered a credit note or voucher for your cancelled holiday or part of, and refuse to accept it, you're not covered on insurance.

This seems ridiculous. Finnair have cancelled my flights, what use is a £200 credit voucher for a St Petersburg hotel?

I'll try to claim any way and fight my corner. Otherwise I'll have to go through my CC company.

Halifax Travel Insurance are saying that if you are offered a credit note or voucher for your cancelled holiday or part of, and refuse to accept it, you're not covered on insurance.

This seems ridiculous. Finnair have cancelled my flights, what use is a £200 credit voucher for a St Petersburg hotel?

I'll try to claim any way and fight my corner. Otherwise I'll have to go through my CC company.

Have you asked for a refund as they are obliged to give you one?

I have a confirmed refund from Emirates Holidays after asking. It's been just over 5 weeks waiting so I called them and they did say it is due into my account on or before 20th May. I am just hoping it is there and I don't have to chase them. I know it's not within the legal 14 days but I'm giving them a bit of time if it means I do actually get the money back

Have you asked for a refund as they are obliged to give you one?

I have a confirmed refund from Emirates Holidays after asking. It's been just over 5 weeks waiting so I called them and they did say it is due into my account on or before 20th May. I am just hoping it is there and I don't have to chase them. I know it's not within the legal 14 days but I'm giving them a bit of time if it means I do actually get the money back

I booked all parts of the holiday separately but all through Expedia.

The flights were non-refundable, but because Finnair cancelled them, I'm getting a refund (after a good few strongly worded emails). I've not received the money yet, but it said 10-12 weeks.

The Moscow hotel was refundable - I cancelled and I've received the refund.

The St Petersburg Hotel is non-refundable, however Expedia emailed me to say they've offered a voucher (JUST for that hotel). It seems wrong that because of the hotel is choosing to offer me a voucher for my non-refundable booking that I'm now going to lose out on £200!

Light at the end of the tunnel....

Personally I'm not risking a holiday this year and will wait until next year. Even though our holiday this Easter which was cancelled was our first proper holiday abroad for maybe 6 years (first with our 5yr old) I'd rather wait for a lot of the restrictions to be fully over even if it is more expensive.
I don't think I'm worried about the virus but it's things like limited seating, things still closed and all the social distancing that might need to be done...not that I'm one for crowded places like beaches anyway.

More good news, after calling Emirates on Monday and them saying it would be the 20th May for my refund magically it's arrived back on my credit card this morning so that's something :)

I'm guessing it'll massively depend on what type of holidays peeps are thinking of taking, and who with.

Those of you with families wanting a beach type holiday will probably be a big no no for a while to come.

Those who might want to take a holiday to say, some overseas mountains to do some remote solo/hiking with friends will be more inclined to say yes.

Was supposed to be going to Spain to do said holiday in 7 days time but i'm probably going to rearrange for Sep/Oct or/and again in May next year.

Looking to go away at Xmas this year for a change and hoping to find a decent long haul flight deal (the holy grail to find one of those over xmas).

I'm guessing it'll massively depend on what type of holidays peeps are thinking of taking, and who with.

Those of you with families wanting a beach type holiday will probably be a big no no for a while to come.

Those who might want to take a holiday to say, some overseas mountains to do some remote solo/hiking with friends will be more inclined to say yes.

Was supposed to be going to Spain to do said holiday in 7 days time but i'm probably going to rearrange for Sep/Oct or/and again in May next year.

Looking to go away at Xmas this year for a change and hoping to find a decent long haul flight deal (the holy grail to find one of those over xmas).

The issue is the flight though surely? Seems silly to social distance at the beach / Theme Park / Restaurant etc if you're going to spend 2-10 hours or whatever breathing redistributed air.

Also insurance is going to be a massive issue.

Theres lots of info out there that suggests the air on a flight gets filtered etc etc, so it might not be a total death trap. See how it goes.

If everyone wore a mask on a plane, how much worse can it be to walking around a supermarket (full on hundreds of people) without one..

Like i say, everyone will feel different about the risk factor.

Theres lots of info out there that suggests the air on a flight gets filtered etc etc, so it might not be a total death trap. See how it goes.

If everyone wore a mask on a plane, how much worse can it be to walking around a supermarket (full on hundreds of people) without one..

Like i say, everyone will feel different about the risk factor.

It’s not an airborne transmission though is it? It’s water droplets (or snot or phlegm) so would drop to the ground quite quickly. Air con should be fine but it’s the closed cabin with chance of someone sneezing or coughing on you and droplets landing on you or shared things that you might touch.

Either way I won’t be getting on a plane until next year at the earliest.

The St Petersburg Hotel is non-refundable, however Expedia emailed me to say they've offered a voucher (JUST for that hotel). It seems wrong that because of the hotel is choosing to offer me a voucher for my non-refundable booking that I'm now going to lose out on £200!

I am not doubting you, but this is not how Expedia treated us. We cancelled a few hotels in California, some were non-refundable, but the Expedia agent phoned the hotels directly to ask if they would waive this, which they did.

For a couple of UK hotels (to visit family etc) that were cancelled, they have given a voucher for the amount + 10% for any future booking with an expiry date of 30th December 2050.

It seems strange that you have been treated differently.

I am not doubting you, but this is not how Expedia treated us. We cancelled a few hotels in California, some were non-refundable, but the Expedia agent phoned the hotels directly to ask if they would waive this, which they did.

For a couple of UK hotels (to visit family etc) that were cancelled, they have given a voucher for the amount + 10% for any future booking with an expiry date of 30th December 2050.

It seems strange that you have been treated differently.

Just to update this:

I was contacted yesterday directly by the St Petersburg hotel which offered to waive all cancellation fees which I obviously jumped at, and now they (and Expedia) say I'm being given a full refund. Which is great news, obviously.

More dubiously, also yesterday, I got an email from Expedia saying the that the vouchers for my Finnair Flights had now been processed and I'd be receiving more details asap. These are the flights I was told in early April I'd be getting a full refund for.

So more of a faff to sort that out by the looks of things, unless the email about the flight vouchers was automated.

And no way to get in touch with Expedia.

And no way to get in touch with Expedia.

Tell a lie, just managed to speak to an operator (only had to wait 20 mins) and I'm getting a full refund on my flights too.

So pleased with all that in the end. Just got to wait another 8 weeks or so for the money.

So Spain have imposed a 14 day quarantine on all incoming tourists, who must spend 14 days at home or in your hotel. this is bad in so many ways as people that have holidays booked in the summer most likely won’t be able to claim on Insurance(as you can still go) and company’s will say the same thing when trying to change dates. I’m sure more countries will follow suit.

Ryanair have now cancelled my flights to Budapest in mid July :rolleyes:

And a horse racing meet/mini concert in mid Aug has been cancelled too.:rolleyes:

Yet it's ok for thousands to lie on the beaches in Bournemouth :rolleyes:

Government needs to get a grip and sort out their ****:mad:

The 14day quarantine on everyone re-entering is going to kill anyone’s plans of getting away this year, The biggest problem I can see is insurance companies won’t want to pay out because they will see it as you can go and choosing not too so don’t have an obligation to pay out

Foreign office advises against travel so that will scupper those that worry about Insurance.

Can’t see it lasting long. Be too much pressure to reverse it.

Months too late with the decision too.

Foreign office advises against travel so that will scupper those that worry about Insurance.

Can’t see it lasting long. Be too much pressure to reverse it.

Months too late with the decision too.
I’m still holding out a faint hope of going to Thailand in October

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom