So where are you going on holiday this summer?

Sitiing watching rugby with a beer in Clark Phillipines.
Mabuhay - was it a San Miguel (my favourite) or the strong Red Horse?

I hope that you have the time to see more than Clark and Manila. There are many beautiful places in the Philippines. I like the beaches in Pagudpud in the north of Luzon. There are not so many tourists like in El Nido or parts of Bohol. Some impressions you can get in my video.

Mabuhay - was it a San Miguel (my favourite) or the strong Red Horse?

I hope that you have the time to see more than Clark and Manila. There are many beautiful places in the Philippines. I like the beaches in Pagudpud in the north of Luzon. There are not so many tourists like in El Nido or parts of Bohol. Some impressions you can get in my video.

It was the red horse, just a flying visit this time to meet my brother and play rugby for the pot bellied pigs. 4 days in Clark 2 in Manila then off to KL to meet my girlfriend.

Sunshine needed

October 5th to 7th for a week

5 hour flight max

My go to resort means flying from Gatwick this year and I want to fly from north of Birmingham

4 or 5 star

Where? Shortlisted Madeira and Cape Verde (the latter being a little expensive for a week)

Greek Islands like Rhodes, crete (we're going to the mitsis laguna..), paphos etc...

And the usual Sites like tui, jet2 holidays, on the beach, love holidays etc...

and to add...Rhodes - it's only worth staying at Rhodes old town area...the Mitsis Grand is fairly decent, we stayed there once -

and in paphos, any hotel along the stretch where the constantinou hotels are decent too...

Sunshine needed

5 hour flight max

My go to resort means flying from Gatwick this year and I want to fly from north of Birmingham

4 or 5 star

Where? Shortlisted Madeira and Cape Verde (the latter being a little expensive for a week)

I can recommend Tenerife, still nice and 4.5hr flight.

I recently visited the Royal Garden Villas and it was amazing but depending on your budget may or may not be a little expensive. But it was amazing in terms of service, food and facilities. if you have kids it is not really geared towards them.

We went to Madeira in April for a week at the 5*Pestana. Had a great time. Highly recommend ALL the restaurants, the food and service was superb and all reasonably priced. All in walking distance from Hotel.

We went to Madeira in April for a week at the 5*Pestana. Had a great time. Highly recommend ALL the restaurants, the food and service was superb and all reasonably priced. All in walking distance from Hotel.
Is the Palace or the Royal?

Is the Palace or the Royal?

It was the Pestana Carlton, we went B&B as were told the restaurants were good. The Hotel and Breakfast were very good and there was a nice Pub straight opposite which was cheap as chips. Every restaurant was excellent and they were all roughly the same price.

we've been to maderia a few times - stayed in funchal's old town...lovely place, tho we just did B&B as there was cheap restaurants etc c.lose by... :)

It was. Didn't quite get to New Orleans though.

Sunshine needed

5 hour flight max

4 or 5 star

Still looking.......the demise of Thomas Cook has really inflated all prices, not a happy bunny.

Tent! Though they do have static caravans/mobile homes too. The tents have proper beds, a cooking area, fridge, plug sockets etc so not quite roughing it. We stayed at La Ravoire, which is where we’re going back to next month. It’s ideal for the kids as the pools are great for all ages, and the Annecy cycle path runs right next to the site.

La Ravoire Campsite | Camping at La Ravoire in The Alps | Eurocamp.co.uk
We’re finding all the prices really expensive. It’s looking like £2k for a caravan! It’s almost the same for the tent.

Currently in Alvor, Portugal. First time on the Algarve and absolutely love it!
783E8AF6-8863-4002-BABA-8943FE0AAA0A.jpeg
7308E479-7967-44B3-AF10-AB28C94BEEF9.jpeg

Last edited:
Currently in Alvor, Portugal. First time on the Algarve and absolutely love it!View attachment 1205204

glad you got sorted then... been to the algarve about 2-3 times, but always stayed east of faro (less touristy) - tho, did go on a bus ride over that neck of the woods a couple of times :)

Filey in September :D

Ended up in Edinburgh, Filey then Manchester and then a week or so in Almeria - last year I did Thailand, year before Macau and Hong Kong - I reckon this year has actually been on a par or better than the other two been far more relaxed.

We’re finding all the prices really expensive. It’s looking like £2k for a caravan! It’s almost the same for the tent.

Yes, there’s been an increase for next year! The tent we stayed in is no longer available, I suspect Eurocamp are getting rid of them. Only the safari tents are available, which were always much more expensive. We’ve looked at booking direct with the site and it’s still around the same price, though I suppose if you break it down, £2k for a mobile home for 2 weeks for 4 people actually isn’t bad. It’s just far more than we’re used to paying for the tents. They do have camping only pitches though if you fancy taking your own tent!

We had a fantastic time again this year, and will definitely go back.

Last edited:
Yes, there’s been an increase for next year! The tent we stayed in is no longer available, I suspect Eurocamp are getting rid of them. Only the safari tents are available, which were always much more expensive. We’ve looked at booking direct with the site and it’s still around the same price, though I suppose if you break it down, £2k for a mobile home for 2 weeks for 4 people actually isn’t bad. It’s just far more than we’re used to paying for the tents. They do have camping only pitches though if you fancy taking your own tent!

We had a fantastic time again this year, and will definitely go back.
The place looks amazing. It’s just the price holding me back at the moment.
So you got the last of the good prices this year?
What do you reckon you’ll stay in next year? I lobe the fact that Geneva is 40 mins away. Looks like there is loads to do! My youngest doesn’t ride a bike but is too big for a seat, so need to sort something for her.

Off to Toronto for 5 days a week on Sunday. Just the wife and I for her 40th. Got ice hockey tickets for the Monday, cirque du solais for Tuesday, hired a car for a trip to Niagara where I've booked the 'wet' jetboat tour of the Falls and a 250ft zipline parallel to the Falls. Very excited. Not had more than one night away from the kids together for the last 5 years.

Went to toronto a couple of years ago, both loved it, the hopper busses are a very good way of seeing the city when we was there the ticket was valid for 3 days so we used it to tour the city as well as way to get to the different areas for longer trips / shopping etc

If your stopping near the great lake side of town and haven't sorted transport to your hotel yet have a look at the train much cheaper and easier than taxis etc. Youv'e already booked a car but i would have recommended one of the niagra tour busses our guide was superb for it with a great sense of humour and very knowledgeable.

Do the CN tower rotating restaurant as well, if you book in advance and tell them its your wedding anniversary or something then a free desert appears :thumbsup:

most of all enjoy it

Went to toronto a couple of years ago, both loved it, the hopper busses are a very good way of seeing the city when we was there the ticket was valid for 3 days so we used it to tour the city as well as way to get to the different areas for longer trips / shopping etc

If your stopping near the great lake side of town and haven't sorted transport to your hotel yet have a look at the train much cheaper and easier than taxis etc. Youv'e already booked a car but i would have recommended one of the niagra tour busses our guide was superb for it with a great sense of humour and very knowledgeable.

Do the CN tower rotating restaurant as well, if you book in advance and tell them its your wedding anniversary or something then a free desert appears :thumbsup:

most of all enjoy it
CN Tower booked for our first night... Early dinner at 6pm. Hopefully get to see the sunset. Cheers.

Some interesting areas to walk through like Chinatown and Italy. Interesting to is how the city is linked with underpasses and sky bridges.

We were evacuated at 3am due to a fire in our hotel. The pizza shop was still open, which was handy ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom