So where are you going on holiday this summer?

Tent! Though they do have static caravans/mobile homes too. The tents have proper beds, a cooking area, fridge, plug sockets etc so not quite roughing it. We stayed at La Ravoire, which is where we’re going back to next month. It’s ideal for the kids as the pools are great for all ages, and the Annecy cycle path runs right next to the site.

La Ravoire Campsite | Camping at La Ravoire in The Alps | Eurocamp.co.uk
Awesome, thanks. Sounds great. Will look into for next year. My wife also gets NHS discount on Eurocamp holidays.

Doesn't look like I'll be getting away for our 10 year anniversary now, prices are scandalous for the end of July.

book a last minute deal via tui...

Doesn't look like I'll be getting away for our 10 year anniversary now, prices are scandalous for the end of July.

Try being married to a teacher, we can’t even take the kids out of school :rotfl:

How late do you need to get? I've been checking TUI this past few days for a departure on July 23rd or thereabouts and still very pricey.

depends on how flexible you are really - as my lady was looking over the weekend for holidays within a week and saw some good deals... as we're looking to go away the second week in sept and like yourself are shocked at the prices.. :(

so, we're planning on booking something closer to the time as we did this last year, and noticed some hotels all of a sudden appearing in searches that we'd previously looked at and saw some decent deals.. :)

Our anniversary is the 25th so I booked the full week off, sods law I now have a job interview on the 23rd so that restricts us.

I'd like even a city break from late Tuesday/early Wednesday, back on the Saturday evening.

I'll keep looking

How late do you need to get? I've been checking TUI this past few days for a departure on July 23rd or thereabouts and still very pricey.
If you are based in Ireland then I imagine you are airport limited. Plenty from London, for example,
upload_2019-7-9_12-20-13.png

Our anniversary is the 25th so I booked the full week off, sods law I now have a job interview on the 23rd so that restricts us.

I'd like even a city break from late Tuesday/early Wednesday, back on the Saturday evening.

I'll keep looking

A colleague of mine finds it cheaper to fly to the UK from Ireland, stay the night at a hotel local to whichever airport he fly's from. He reckons he can save hundreds over the cost of a holiday from Ireland.

yes, would be ideal if there's regular flights to Gatwick... :)

Gatwick is relatively expensive to fly to from Dublin. Stansted tends to be at least 50% cheaper.

I'd be flying from Belfast, so technically a UK departure. I find I've become a holiday snob too and won't go below 3 star, lol.

Needs must mind you!
3 star on what? The hotel rating or TripAdvisor?
A 5 star Turkish hotel is going to be 3 star Spanish (if you are lucky)
Anyhow:
upload_2019-7-9_16-5-39.png

Try being married to a teacher, we can’t even take the kids out of school :rotfl:

I feel that one. Now my kids are all grown up I can't even take the wife out of school !

Monday 22nd July we fly to Mexico for 3 weeks.

CAN NOT WAIT !

How about 7 nights at the 4 star CHC Athina Palace Resort & Spa?
For only £1400 for 2 adults and 2 children, with flights from Manchester, this includes 20kg Luggage each (transfers not included)
upload_2019-7-9_16-13-20.png

upload_2019-7-9_16-13-38.png

Plenty of flights between Belfast and Manchester. I imagine transfer are not too expensive.

Just back from Kuala Lumpur and Borneo to celebrate 25 years married to Mrs SDM and had a fantastic time. Loved KL, lots to see and do, good food, friendly people and good value for money. The traffic was a pain at times when we did the city bus tour, but we walked a lot and used the subway.

Borneo was amazing, we stayed at two different resorts near Kota Kinabalu, Rasa Ria and Gaya Island and both were very good. We also had a day trip to the orangutan sanctuary near Sepilok.

The only downside was the travel, the journey back was 28 hours door to door, but well worth it.

Mrs Weegy and I have booked a week away at the end of August to here:

Royal Garden Villas & Spa Tenerife ***** | OFFICIAL SITE | Luxury Villas Costa Adeje Tenerife

Hotel style and we are staying half-board and each aaccommodation is a villa with its own private pool, terrace and kitchen (like I am going to use that)...

My wife and I love a fly and flop summer holiday to just get away from everything and everyone and having a private pool in a secluded area is something we both enjoy. had 3 holidays in different locations with private pools in hotels which means you get all the advantages of a villa e.g. outside your room, not round a noisy pool. While combined with all the advantages of a hotel e.g. great selection of breakfast and dinner options and high qulaity food, options to mingle with people if we want to.

Roll on end of August.

Mrs Weegy and I have booked a week away at the end of August to here:

Royal Garden Villas & Spa Tenerife ***** | OFFICIAL SITE | Luxury Villas Costa Adeje Tenerife

Hotel style and we are staying half-board and each aaccommodation is a villa with its own private pool, terrace and kitchen (like I am going to use that)...

My wife and I love a fly and flop summer holiday to just get away from everything and everyone and having a private pool in a secluded area is something we both enjoy. had 3 holidays in different locations with private pools in hotels which means you get all the advantages of a villa e.g. outside your room, not round a noisy pool. While combined with all the advantages of a hotel e.g. great selection of breakfast and dinner options and high qulaity food, options to mingle with people if we want to.

Roll on end of August.

10% off through quidco apparently. No doubt better deals can be negotiated.

I'm on a 3 1/2 week break now - just going to chill out for a bit. Then at the end of that I'm off work for a couple of weeks to fly out and join up with the wife and kids.

I'm on a 3 1/2 week break now - just going to chill out for a bit. Then at the end of that I'm off work for a couple of weeks to fly out and join up with the wife and kids.
Why aren’t you joining them sooner if you’re on a work break?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom