So where are you going on holiday this summer?

which part of Rhodes you staying at - we've been twice and the old town and lindos are wonderful :)

We will be staying in Faliraki :blush: I know the place has a reputation, but we have been before and because we go in October, there are no crowds but most places are still open. We also love Rhodes town and plan to do more driving around the island than we have done in the past.

Houston next month, to sort some stuff out before moving back in October/November and Vegas for a weekend of debauchery.

One year we flew back from IAH. I still have nightmares about the traffic in Houston!

Off to Brittany for 2 weeks at the start of school holidays, we usually go a bit further South however it's our first holiday away with our 8 month old puppy who doesn't travel well (should be an interesting drive!).

Then off Porta Verde in Portugal at the end of August for a week, hiring a 6 bed Villa with my brother and his family.

Hope to get away for a short-break in October.

Westeros. Well, we'll surely see some of the filming locations on our circuit of Ireland.

Sunny Swanage for a couple of weeks. Been going there for the last 30 years with all the family (sometimes can be up to 25 of us, all ages from toddlers to pensioners). Where does the time go?

Don't a lot of UK folk go on holiday abroad this time of year to get some decent sun and warm temperatures.

We've cancelled ours... sick of the bloomin stuff now!!

we've seen a nice cheap hotel at San Agustin (gran canaria) - anyone been there before and is the place nice?

Los Angeles in September. Going hiking in Topanga State Park, Solstice Canyon, Griffith Park; visiting Malibu, Downtown, Getty Villa, San Fernando Valley, Hollywood; hitting the beaches at Santa Monica and Venice; and maybe a drive down to San Diego. Going alone. Cannot wait.

Off to Denver (Colorado) in 5 weeks time.

Hopefully get some hiking/golf/US Football in. Couple of day side trip to Vegas hopefully too.

we've seen a nice cheap hotel at San Agustin (gran canaria) - anyone been there before and is the place nice?

Many times.

My parents rented an apartment for 4-5 months a year there for several years (part of spending 20 odd years of winters in the Canaries) so I would pop over for a few days 1-2 times a year.

Agustin not too bad. A lot quieter than Ingles down the road. Tis only a short bus ride (or a couple of miles walking down the beach) away. The main shopping center there has several half decent restaurants.

Good old Blighty this summer. Centre Parcs next week in Nottingham, then straight down to Cornwall near St Ives. Then onto Cheshire, Cardean Park and Chester Zoo. Then onto two nights in a lodge up in Northumberland. Two weeks, four locations! Let the weather deteriorate!!!

This summer no where live by the sea so most of my summer will be spent, sailing or surfing.

October off to the Canaries, wife's booked. Back to the Canaries in December, already booked Corfu for May next year.

Have a wedding in Barcelona in November, and another one near Alicante in February

SWMBO returned from the summer jaunt today, 2,700 miles of driving and six weeks later.

Pretty much all France but nipped into Spain for a day to visit a forest zoo place.

Final week was at some flume paradise campsite on the Med.

Last edited:
Had a mad summer.

Did a week Royal Caribbean Cruise, stopping in France, Spain and Portugal. Booked it last May. Wife got pregnant in August. Didn't realise you can't take a baby on a cruise and we couldn't get a refund, so we agreed that I would take our 4 and 2 year old on the cruise and she'd rent a country house in the New Forest for a week with baby and her family.

Then all 5 of us went to Disney Paris for a week, followed by another week travelling around Normandy based in a fisherman's cottage in Fecamp. Had an incredible time.

That was meant to be it, but we got drunk in France and ended up booking return flights to Boston for 15 nights for a ridiculously cheap price. So rented a car and did Boston, New Hampshire, Maine and Rhode Island.

Felt a little like Withnail and I in that we went on an extended holiday by mistake.

After 5 weeks away it's great to be back in Salford, just a shame I've got to go back to work.

Last edited:
Flights and accommodation sorted for next year. Going to Carveiro, Portugal.

That's the area we go to - great cove beaches around there. The kids like the Slide and Splash flume park not far from there - however the water is pretty brisk if it isn't high summer :)

That's the area we go to - great cove beaches around there. The kids like the Slide and Splash flume park not far from there - however the water is pretty brisk if it isn't high summer :)

My brother and his family were in Carveiro this year and loved it. Our 2 families are going together next summer. Booked the flights and paid the deposit on accommodation yesterday. Going in July.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom