Quantcast

So where are you going on holiday this summer?

DOBLY

Trip back to the UK to see bands, friends & family, then a California road trip from Palm Springs to San Francisco before heading back home to the south of the South Island NZ.

craigy_b

Just booked our flights for 2 weeks in the south of Italy. Staying in a family members apartment in a tourist complex near Tropea. Looking forward to plenty of pizza, antipasto and ice cream.

rousetafarian

I want to visit Russia. I am very interested in this country. Especially their language and culture
Isn’t the Ukraine close enough for you?

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Already had 2 quick weekends away in Jan (Dublin and Malaga).

5 more weeks then off to Iceland to circumnavigate the country via their Route 1.

Still need to book a return to Colorado (probably early Summer) and a few more weekends away in Europe.

Warriors2010

Off on our annual trip to Kuala Lumpur & Phuket tomorrow evening and I can’t bloody wait.

We’re back home for 3 weeks, then I have a secret trip to Venice booked for Mrs Warriors 50th birthday.

Nothing then until September, when we’re going back to Cyprus for 2 weeks.

At some point in between all this lot, I’m having ACL reconstruction surgery, which I’m not looking forward to as much as my holidays!!!

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
Going to Rome on Brexit day.

Then September we head to St Tropez for two weeks.

Maybe another trip in November but that might be a boring functional one to visit family

mjn

Distinguished Member
I like St Tropez. Gets very busy though.

Love driving the coast road, hugging the sea line visiting St Tropez, Frejus, Monaco, etc.

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
I like St Tropez. Gets very busy though.

Love driving the coast road, hugging the sea line visiting St Tropez, Frejus, Monaco, etc.
Not so busy last two weeks of September. Nice and relaxing with beer on the beach and the water is just right.

Definitely going to Monaco for a day - didn’t do it last year as we only had five days in ST.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Not so busy last two weeks of September. Nice and relaxing with beer on the beach and the water is just right.

Definitely going to Monaco for a day - didn’t do it last year as we only had five days in ST.
We were in Monaco about 4 days after the Grand Prix and it was mental.

zad

One of the kids is off to Barcelona with school leading up to easter so we are taking one of the other kids to Majorca for 5 nights.

Then we have Jaz Bluemarine in Egypt booked for July :D can't wait..

davidjohnson

Distinguished Member
Three weeks in Rhodes in Sept/Oct.
We usually go to the US, but a threat of redundancy and the fact that I put our passports through the washing machine on our last trip, made me decide to play it safe and use my Avios points.

reiteration

Three weeks in Rhodes in Sept/Oct.
We usually go to the US, but a threat of redundancy and the fact that I put our passports through the washing machine on our last trip, made me decide to play it safe and use my Avios points.
I like Rhodes...which part? we've always stayed close to Rhodes old town (15 minute walk) and we did travel around a bit there apart from the very south...lindos is also lovely too :)

davidjohnson

Distinguished Member
I like Rhodes...which part? we've always stayed close to Rhodes old town (15 minute walk) and we did travel around a bit there apart from the very south...lindos is also lovely too :)
First time was to Trianda, back in 2004, I loved Rhodes town:thumbsup:, but my Mrs wasn't to keen on the amount of walking around it involved:facepalm:.

Last couple of times we have stayed in Faliraki. Because we go in October, it is fairly quiet, but still with plenty of places to eat and drink. This year we are having five days in Faliraki before venturing south to Gennadi.
Our USA holidays are mostly road trips, so Rhodes is a place we go to relax and do very little.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Off to Thailand 4 weeks today for a fortnight. Not been since 2001 myself, and the wife/kids have never been to the far east before. Can't wait, although it'll be a little bit different to last boys trip in my twenties.

SyStemDeMoN

Back to Mexico for 3 weeks this July.
Just me and the wife and cannot wait. Only been once before and we are going back to a hotel that got refurbished last year. Really enjoyed it, went to Coco Bongo and went to swim with whale sharks and or course went to see Chin chin itza.

jaguar180180

End of this month,Perth for a few weeks and then Singapore for four days on the way home.if anyone has any tips or such for Singapore please let me know.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Back from a week in Iceland (again) the other day.

Missed the Northern Lights (again) so giving up on them for a while (till the middle of the next decade).

Few days in Germany at the end of May but the main target is booking 10 days to go back to Colorado. Probably July-Sep time.

sunday2

Off on our annual trip to Kuala Lumpur & Phuket tomorrow evening
That sounds interesting - we have been to Asia too this year. We spent 6 weeks in the Philippines. I like this country, not only because my wife was born there. It is helpful that most people speak a good english. An nice city in Luzon is Vigan, beause you can see something of the spanish heritage. The Dancing Fountain reminded me at Dubai.