So where are you going on holiday this summer?

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Off to Toronto for 5 days a week on Sunday. Just the wife and I for her 40th. Got ice hockey tickets for the Monday, cirque du solais for Tuesday, hired a car for a trip to Niagara where I've booked the 'wet' jetboat tour of the Falls and a 250ft zipline parallel to the Falls. Very excited. Not had more than one night away from the kids together for the last 5 years.

its_all_Greek

Distinguished Member
Went to toronto a couple of years ago, both loved it, the hopper busses are a very good way of seeing the city when we was there the ticket was valid for 3 days so we used it to tour the city as well as way to get to the different areas for longer trips / shopping etc

If your stopping near the great lake side of town and haven't sorted transport to your hotel yet have a look at the train much cheaper and easier than taxis etc. Youv'e already booked a car but i would have recommended one of the niagra tour busses our guide was superb for it with a great sense of humour and very knowledgeable.

Do the CN tower rotating restaurant as well, if you book in advance and tell them its your wedding anniversary or something then a free desert appears :thumbsup:

most of all enjoy it

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Went to toronto a couple of years ago, both loved it, the hopper busses are a very good way of seeing the city when we was there the ticket was valid for 3 days so we used it to tour the city as well as way to get to the different areas for longer trips / shopping etc

If your stopping near the great lake side of town and haven't sorted transport to your hotel yet have a look at the train much cheaper and easier than taxis etc. Youv'e already booked a car but i would have recommended one of the niagra tour busses our guide was superb for it with a great sense of humour and very knowledgeable.

Do the CN tower rotating restaurant as well, if you book in advance and tell them its your wedding anniversary or something then a free desert appears :thumbsup:

most of all enjoy it
CN Tower booked for our first night... Early dinner at 6pm. Hopefully get to see the sunset. Cheers.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Some interesting areas to walk through like Chinatown and Italy. Interesting to is how the city is linked with underpasses and sky bridges.

We were evacuated at 3am due to a fire in our hotel. The pizza shop was still open, which was handy ;)

NorvernRob

Distinguished Member
The place looks amazing. It’s just the price holding me back at the moment.
So you got the last of the good prices this year?
What do you reckon you’ll stay in next year? I lobe the fact that Geneva is 40 mins away. Looks like there is loads to do! My youngest doesn’t ride a bike but is too big for a seat, so need to sort something for her.

We haven’t booked anything yet, as I’m just about to do my final assessments (starting tomorrow!) as a Train Driver so I need to make sure I have a job first :rotfl: My wife also fancies doing the Disneyland Paris 5k/10k/half marathon next year so we may do that yet.

From memory the Safari tents were around £1200 this year for 11 nights, so the cost per night looks to have gone up from around £110 to around £140.

There really is loads to do. We went up the highest mountain in the area, the Semnoz, and did summer tobogganing down a metal track which was great fun and not expensive at all. My daughter was the same this year regarding bikes, so I bought a Trailgator for £43 which attaches her bike to the back of mine and just towed her along. She absolutely loved it.

When we go again I think we’ll just go for one of the mobile homes, add on fuel, tolls and ferry and it comes to around £2300-£2500 for 14 nights, which really isn’t bad for a family of 4. And I’d much rather do that kind of holiday than just stay in a hotel and sit on a beach tbh.

reiteration

Distinguished Member
had a lovely holiday at the mitsis laguna last week...

weather was great @ around 25 degrees...and the food and drink were spot on too...(waiters delivering drinks to you on the beach..)

some downsides tho...

the beach's sand was very grainy which made it uncomfortable to walk barefoot
and the swimming pools water was very cold (and fairly quiet as a result..), as last month we stayed at the louis phaethon that was very mild (air temp was more or less the same..) and we assumed their pools must have been heated, but they weren't..!

nothing strange as folk too...
some couples wanted quiet time from their kids, so one woman (at the beach) got her husband to take the toddler to the room and he came back - and watched her as she slept on her mobile...but got miffed when she had to go to the room to collect her!
another couple wanted to dance outside, so left their 2 kids in a reception area (way out of view) between the bar and the toilets...the daughter was about 3 years old, and the son about 6.. :(

we went to the Asian restaurant and there were about 8 cockneys turned up - they were shouting some saying (off some tv program, and perhaps aimed at the staff?) saying something like 'here's gary… ooh, ooh, ooh...' (and whilst point both hands to the air..) - and miffed me off, and as they left I shouted 'ooh, ooh, ooh..' at them whilst doing an impression of a gibbon..! yes, I was drunk :D

we went for a long bus trip (8:30am start until 7:15pm) and the stewardess said we were going to pick up a group of 8 people from a hotel (2 groups of 4) - and one group was late... and she said that the policy was the bus would wait 5 minutes if people were late, then she'd ring the office, then wait another 5 minutes before leaving...
first stop, this group were 10 minutes late coming back... then the 2nd stop they were 15 minutes late, one guy was kicking off and complained... when they all casually strolled to the bus and got on, I gave them all a round of applause.... batsards..!

Last edited:

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Broadstairs - not exactly glamorous but within range of the increasingly frail inlaws to spend some beach/jigsaw time with the grandkids.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Booked to go to Lefkada in May for a week in a villa, and 2 weeks in Slovenia in July (4 different venues)

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
We went to Lefkada last year. Get a car and head up to the mountains. Also make the trek to Milos beach. It’s a lovely little island.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Since flights to Sharm are back in hopefully heading over in the winter. Learnt how to dive since I last went so looking forward to dropping the dry suit

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Anyone found any decent Black Friday:rolleyes: Holiday/Flight deals yet:D

As usual, it looks like most of the action re deals (not just travel but everything) happens during the week and then we get to Friday and its a bit flat.

Air New Zealand had their annual London-LA flights for sub £200 return this morning but very limited in numbers/times so will be gone already.

Managed 6 overseas trips this year so aiming for lucky number 7 in 2020:)