So where are you going on holiday this summer?

Delvey

Distinguished Member
We've just returned from the Pegasos Royal in Alanya (Turkey) Thanks for the recommendation @Delvey, this is the best all inclusive we've ever stayed at. A stones throw from the beach, exceptional food, bloody hot! Hottest recorded was 45c, every day peaked at 40c. Never been to Turkey before but the Turks are lovely, friendly people who couldn't do enough to make you happy.

I'm going to miss this view, chilling on the balcony of an evening with a beer in hand whilst the family were getting ready for the evening listening to the waves.

Will 100% be going back.
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Little too hot for me however

chief barker

IMG-20190812-WA0000.jpg
20190812_114823.jpg

20190812_114834.jpg

We are currently in Montenegro. We usually holiday in Turkey but fancied a change this year.

It's equally as stunning, maybe more so.

Last edited:

domtheone

Distinguished Member
^^^ Nice.
A mountain hike followed by a chill out on the beach :clap:

reiteration

Distinguished Member
well, got 2 holidays booked for sept and oct...

but got a possible 20 days off at xmas... and thinking of doing a roadtrip with a couple of mates for a week from around the 16th dec - starting in the netherlands and ending wherever...! have asked a few mates if they're interested... see what happens... I know it's not summer, but hey.. :)

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Off to Menorca tomorrow. Adios! :)

LM1405

Next trip booked for a couple of weeks time, Clark & Manila in the Philippines , then Kuala Lumpur, then Yangon and finally Hanoi.

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
Mrs Weegy and I have booked a week away at the end of August to here:

Royal Garden Villas & Spa Tenerife ***** | OFFICIAL SITE | Luxury Villas Costa Adeje Tenerife

Hotel style and we are staying half-board and each aaccommodation is a villa with its own private pool, terrace and kitchen (like I am going to use that)...

My wife and I love a fly and flop summer holiday to just get away from everything and everyone and having a private pool in a secluded area is something we both enjoy. had 3 holidays in different locations with private pools in hotels which means you get all the advantages of a villa e.g. outside your room, not round a noisy pool. While combined with all the advantages of a hotel e.g. great selection of breakfast and dinner options and high qulaity food, options to mingle with people if we want to.

Roll on end of August.
Hey All just back from my week at RGVs.

Amazing. Highly recommend this place if you are looking for high-end 5* experience. Private pools, great customer service, fine dining...

What’s not to like.

zeppelino

St Tropez in ten days. For two weeks, right on the beach; should be c27c most days.

Champagne for £10/bottle. And decent stuff too.

sunday2

Sitiing watching rugby with a beer in Clark Phillipines.
Mabuhay - was it a San Miguel (my favourite) or the strong Red Horse?

I hope that you have the time to see more than Clark and Manila. There are many beautiful places in the Philippines. I like the beaches in Pagudpud in the north of Luzon. There are not so many tourists like in El Nido or parts of Bohol. Some impressions you can get in my video.

LM1405

Mabuhay - was it a San Miguel (my favourite) or the strong Red Horse?

I hope that you have the time to see more than Clark and Manila. There are many beautiful places in the Philippines. I like the beaches in Pagudpud in the north of Luzon. There are not so many tourists like in El Nido or parts of Bohol. Some impressions you can get in my video.

It was the red horse, just a flying visit this time to meet my brother and play rugby for the pot bellied pigs. 4 days in Clark 2 in Manila then off to KL to meet my girlfriend.

rousetafarian

Sunshine needed

October 5th to 7th for a week

5 hour flight max

My go to resort means flying from Gatwick this year and I want to fly from north of Birmingham

4 or 5 star

Where? Shortlisted Madeira and Cape Verde (the latter being a little expensive for a week)

reiteration

Distinguished Member
and to add...Rhodes - it's only worth staying at Rhodes old town area...the Mitsis Grand is fairly decent, we stayed there once -

and in paphos, any hotel along the stretch where the constantinou hotels are decent too...

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
Sunshine needed

5 hour flight max

My go to resort means flying from Gatwick this year and I want to fly from north of Birmingham

4 or 5 star

Where? Shortlisted Madeira and Cape Verde (the latter being a little expensive for a week)
I can recommend Tenerife, still nice and 4.5hr flight.

I recently visited the Royal Garden Villas and it was amazing but depending on your budget may or may not be a little expensive. But it was amazing in terms of service, food and facilities. if you have kids it is not really geared towards them.

deantown

Distinguished Member
We went to Madeira in April for a week at the 5*Pestana. Had a great time. Highly recommend ALL the restaurants, the food and service was superb and all reasonably priced. All in walking distance from Hotel.

rousetafarian

We went to Madeira in April for a week at the 5*Pestana. Had a great time. Highly recommend ALL the restaurants, the food and service was superb and all reasonably priced. All in walking distance from Hotel.
Is the Palace or the Royal?

deantown

Distinguished Member
Is the Palace or the Royal?
It was the Pestana Carlton, we went B&B as were told the restaurants were good. The Hotel and Breakfast were very good and there was a nice Pub straight opposite which was cheap as chips. Every restaurant was excellent and they were all roughly the same price.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
It was. Didn't quite get to New Orleans though.

rousetafarian

Sunshine needed

5 hour flight max

4 or 5 star

Still looking.......the demise of Thomas Cook has really inflated all prices, not a happy bunny.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Tent! Though they do have static caravans/mobile homes too. The tents have proper beds, a cooking area, fridge, plug sockets etc so not quite roughing it. We stayed at La Ravoire, which is where we’re going back to next month. It’s ideal for the kids as the pools are great for all ages, and the Annecy cycle path runs right next to the site.

La Ravoire Campsite | Camping at La Ravoire in The Alps | Eurocamp.co.uk
We’re finding all the prices really expensive. It’s looking like £2k for a caravan! It’s almost the same for the tent.

rousetafarian

Currently in Alvor, Portugal. First time on the Algarve and absolutely love it!
783E8AF6-8863-4002-BABA-8943FE0AAA0A.jpeg
7308E479-7967-44B3-AF10-AB28C94BEEF9.jpeg

Last edited:

prezzy

Filey in September :D
Ended up in Edinburgh, Filey then Manchester and then a week or so in Almeria - last year I did Thailand, year before Macau and Hong Kong - I reckon this year has actually been on a par or better than the other two been far more relaxed.

NorvernRob

Distinguished Member
We’re finding all the prices really expensive. It’s looking like £2k for a caravan! It’s almost the same for the tent.
Yes, there’s been an increase for next year! The tent we stayed in is no longer available, I suspect Eurocamp are getting rid of them. Only the safari tents are available, which were always much more expensive. We’ve looked at booking direct with the site and it’s still around the same price, though I suppose if you break it down, £2k for a mobile home for 2 weeks for 4 people actually isn’t bad. It’s just far more than we’re used to paying for the tents. They do have camping only pitches though if you fancy taking your own tent!

We had a fantastic time again this year, and will definitely go back.

Last edited:

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Yes, there’s been an increase for next year! The tent we stayed in is no longer available, I suspect Eurocamp are getting rid of them. Only the safari tents are available, which were always much more expensive. We’ve looked at booking direct with the site and it’s still around the same price, though I suppose if you break it down, £2k for a mobile home for 2 weeks for 4 people actually isn’t bad. It’s just far more than we’re used to paying for the tents. They do have camping only pitches though if you fancy taking your own tent!

We had a fantastic time again this year, and will definitely go back.
The place looks amazing. It’s just the price holding me back at the moment.
So you got the last of the good prices this year?
What do you reckon you’ll stay in next year? I lobe the fact that Geneva is 40 mins away. Looks like there is loads to do! My youngest doesn’t ride a bike but is too big for a seat, so need to sort something for her.