So where are you going on holiday this summer?

Zante in May to Planet Bar in Tsilivi!
Then to Hotel Summery in Lixouri Kefalonia in July!
We’ve been to both before and had a great time!
Highly recommended for budget holidays.

Lake Annecy in the French Alps with the family for 10 days in August. We’re back home for a week then I’m going back again for my friends 50th birthday, a little further south to Bourg D’oisans which is at the foot of Alpe d’Huez. Being a big cycling fan they’re bucket list trips for me. Now to get rid of this pneumonia and get fit!

Oh, we’re going to Haven Thorpe Park at Easter and will get some camping trips to the Peak District in too, the kids love these just as much as going abroad.

Going to summer school so I can learn when summer is

I'm going back to Cambrills in June 10 nights ,3rd year now, I love it ,great beach and the old town had lots of character, then Florence in September as city break .

Jamaica for 10 nights.

A week all inclusive to Rhodes in July. Went last year to the same resort and the kids loved it. Nice swim up room, great food, loads of activities to do, fantastic pool complex etc.

Also got a "work" trip booked for April to a conference in Vegas for a week, then on to NY for a week. ;):D

Will also fit in the annual visit to the parents down in Devon later in the year I expect.

Back to kalkan in Turkey for a couple of weeks, self catering in a villa with pool.

Mallorca in May, a driving holiday in Kent in September and probably a week on the Canal du Midi in between.

I’ve got a bit of a road trip going on in California this year with 2 mates.
Start in San Francisco and end up in LA.
I’ll post the whole trip up if there’s interest? It’s 16 days of 3 blokes and a open road so to speak. We’re either going to kill each other or have the time of our lives [emoji23]

I’ve got a bit of a road trip going on in California this year with 2 mates.
Start in San Francisco and end up in LA.
I’ll post the whole trip up if there’s interest? It’s 16 days of 3 blokes and a open road so to speak. We’re either going to kill each other or have the time of our lives [emoji23]
I for one would be interested in this. Particularly the logistics and costs if you don't mind?
Back to kalkan in Turkey for a couple of weeks, self catering in a villa with pool.

I for one would be interested in this. Particularly the logistics and costs if you don't mind?

Well here it is
This is per person so obviously times by 3 for all of us.
Everything is Airbnb apart from Pacific coast and palm springs
Flights £579

Day 1 is mostly travel to SFA. We arrive at 14:50. Booked for 3 nights cost £158
Car hire for 9 days is £167
Days 4-8 is the Pacific coast highway. Haven’t booked anything for this and we’re just going to stay in motels. Haven’t really checked the prices out yet or what we’re going to do (probably a wine tour)
Day 9 is stay at the top of LA with Griffith park observatory in the evening £55
Day 10 starts with Hollywood tour and a bit of mooching about.
Drive across to Palm Springs. 2 nights there £144
Day 12 we drive to San Diego 3 nights £152
Day 15 we drop the car off and get a train to LA £27
LA stay is £106
Fly home day 17.

We will have spending money for what we’re doing and the Pacific highway but this will be discussed at the next meeting (yes we’ve had meetings which have been minuted and a new itinerary printed for each of us)

Total cost so far is is just shy of £1400. I guess there another good £1100 to be spent so I’m looking at about £2500 but let’s face it. It’s not something I’m going to repeat ever again.

Well here it is
Flights £579

Day 1 is mostly travel to SFA. We arrive at 14:50. Booked for 3 nights cost £158
Days 4-8 is the Pacific coast highway. Haven’t booked anything for this and we’re just going to stay in motels. Haven’t really checked the prices out yet or what we’re going to do (probably a wine tour)
Day 9 is stay at the top of LA with Griffith park observatory in the evening £55
LA stay is £106
Fly home day 17.

We will have spending money for what we’re doing and the Pacific highway but this will be discussed at the next meeting (yes we’ve had meetings which have been minuted and a new itinerary printed for each of us)

Total cost so far is is just shy of £1400. I guess there another good £1100 to be spent so I’m looking at about £2500 but let’s face it. It’s not something I’m going to repeat ever again.
That's a proper trip.
You're right, we won't regret the stuff we did, we'll regret the stuff we didn't.

It’s been 6 months in the planning at least and started off as loose talk at a party at around midnight where we’d had a few post show cocktails (and a few pre show) but has actually become a reality.
Like you say, I’d regret it if I didn’t do it. There is a possibility of a day trip to Mexico but that’s still on the side burner as it depends on how we find San Diego and if we can be arsed [emoji1303]

Can't beat a good road trip.

Road trip numbers 5 and 6 this year for me.

Don't really need to take a holiday. People pay good money to holiday where I live. :D Endless weeks of blue sky and temps between 25c-32c.

In April we’re having a week in the Sil’s town house in Spain, flights already booked £62 each, so a nice cheap and hot week. Just came back from a week in Edinburgh, it was freezing but we love it whatever the weather.

Well here it is
Flights £579

LA stay is £106
Fly home day 17.

I would book accommodation in advance for Big Sur, it gets busy and you’ll regret not staying there..

I would book accommodation in advance for Big Sur, it gets busy and you’ll regret not staying there..

I’ve done the Big Sur, didn’t think it was that special and there were loads of Motels iirc (like everywhere in the US).

Week in Alston, North Pennines in May. Silverstone classic weekend in July. Week in Lower Burnmouth, Scotland in September. Not going to manage the road trip to France :(

That’s the one thing we didn’t want to do [emoji23]
We wanted the freedom to stop where we wanted and go where we wanted.
If we can’t get in anywhere we either move on to another or just drive back SFA?

I’m going to guess (as posted above) there’s loads of places to stop. Jesus we have a big 8 seater mini van type thing. Push comes to shove we’ll kip in that [emoji106]

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom