So when do you actually become “old”...

Live every day as if it is your last, one day it will be...

That’s what my boss said, so i told her that the entire team will be calling in sick next week as we’re going to Amsterdam.

If the doctor ever tells me, I have a guaranteed, only X weeks to live.
I know one thing for sure.
I'll outlive my boss, I'll make sure of that! ;)

A good friend of mine died 2 years ago, early 50’s, a lung cancer caused by asbestos he inhaled aged 16-17 as an apprentice, another died aged 56 from throat/lung cancer having smoked 40-50 cigs a day, they saw a doctor on the Sunday about a problem swallowing, died that Wednesday. It’s the one lottery we’re all gonna win one day. Not trying to be morbid, sorry if it seems that way. I get on with things, hopefully with a light heart, giving up the burden of fear makes life quite a laugh, just wish I did it many years ago
Twenty years ago the nicest guy I ever knew went that way.
I was working away in Germany for four months, he looked fine when I left and died before I got back.

A good friend of mine died 2 years ago, early 50’s, a lung cancer caused by asbestos he inhaled aged 16-17 as an apprentice, another died aged 56 from throat/lung cancer having smoked 40-50 cigs a day, they saw a doctor on the Sunday about a problem swallowing, died that Wednesday. It’s the one lottery we’re all gonna win one day. Not trying to be morbid, sorry if it seems that way. I get on with things, hopefully with a light heart, giving up the burden of fear makes life quite a laugh, just wish I did it many years ago

my uncle died around years ago from lung cancer, he was only in his 50s too...was fairly active (not exercise wise tho), but smoked a lot (and for most of his life) - he stopped smoking fairly suddenly (as if he knew something was up), then he went to the doctors and passed away within a few weeks..!

I’ve decided, you’re old when the mind is willing, but the body doesn’t want to know.

Seem to have picked up a dead leg somewhere, but can’t shake it. Had to take painkillers to get some sleep.

Off to the doctor then?

Off to the doctor then?

Last time i made an appointment at the doctors; the earliest was 4 weeks in advance :eek:

I am tempted to book an appointment every 4 weeks just in case i need one and cancel 48 hours beforehand if I don’t :laugh:

Really annoying as it used to be a day or two wait, but then they cut the opening hours “after listening to what patients wanted” :mad:

Funnily enough, the patients voted overwhelmingly that the best thing about the surgery was the 8-8 opening hours, 7 days a week.

I’ve decided, you’re old when the mind is willing, but the body doesn’t want to know.

Seem to have picked up a dead leg somewhere, but can’t shake it. Had to take painkillers to get some sleep.

a month ago I developed a sore right shoulder - and was benchpressing (trying 85kg) and my right shoulder was sore and gave up...on the mend now tho... and last night was on the treadmill and my left calve was giving me sh*t...and I'm walking like an old man today.. :(

a month ago I developed a sore right shoulder - and was benchpressing (trying 85kg) and my right shoulder was sore and gave up...on the mend now tho... and last night was on the treadmill and my left calve was giving me sh*t...and I'm walking like an old man today.. :(

We’re just too damned old :laugh:

Went to a concert. Going slap head myself, but sat near the back, there was a lot of reflections in the crowd. The Band was nearly as old as me. And we all remembered the words!

Started to feel old now. I think as recently as the Past few months. I’ve been grafting on my own for over 20 years now so need to slow down a bit.

I walk fine thank you :laugh:

You know you are old when you notice the only 'products' you have are a couple of tins of deodorant and a tin of Johnson's baby powder.

That she has great taste. And possibly remembers how comfortable one of the original training shoes are.
Used to wear converses, now only wear vans. They are comfortable and last ages. Plus I can get them in half sizes.

Usually go to the vans outlet (Clark’s village, Street, Somerset) where they are a reasonable price.:thumbsup:

Used to wear converses, now only wear vans. They are comfortable and last ages. Plus I can get them in half sizes.

Usually go to the vans outlet (Clark’s village, Street, Somerset) where they are a reasonable price.:thumbsup:
I have both :) Hightops only. sSuede blue vans. And a special Metallica edition Converse. Very rare and very nice :)

I have both :) Hightops only. sSuede blue vans. And a special Metallica edition Converse. Very rare and very nice :)
My daughter has Deadpool ones. I’ve had high tops which I wear in the winter.

One guy told me this a long time ago, when functionaries (police, firemen, EMS etc) REGARDLESS OF RANK- ALL of a sudden look like kids to you; you're old.

Last edited:
Went to the Pub last night and the barman was training a young girl how to pour a pint. I swear she didn’t look older than 14 or 15, I’m guessing she had to be 18 to serve alcohol.

66B340FE-00A9-4008-8752-D6AEC186572B.jpeg

I am definitely old, spent a bit of time spray painting my shed yesterday which involved a bit of bending down and step ladder climbing and a few trips up and down to my first floor flat and this morning I have aches and pains in muscles I had forgotten I had.
Got a bit of concreting to do today but yippie it is raining so a day of PC gaming, Rage 2 and The Division 2 beckons.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom