So when do we all knock off for Crimbo then?

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The site I currently work at is closing and tomorrow is my last working day of 2018. I start at my new site first week of Jan and even though this is the first time I've had Christmas AND New Year off since 2004, I'm pretty much not looking forward to it as the rest of the family don't finish until Crimbo eve. Boredom will set in by Wednesday I guarantee it. I've got two doors and six door frames to gloss so that's one taken up.
Got my dog to keep me occupied who loves a long walk but I've never been one to take a week off to watch the telly (apart from maybe the world cup)
So everybody looking forward to the break or not?

I have no idea! I start my new job on Monday, I’m sure the training centre is closed for two weeks over Christmas and New Year but I expect to be asked to work at my local station for some of that.

I knock off on xmas eve. Back on the 5th of Jan :)

Did that last year. Fed the homeless last xmas day at Euston station. This year its family time.

I don't knock off other than for the public holidays - good time to crack on with some work without being hounded with questions.

I have 3 working days left this year Tuesday, Thursday and Friday then on holiday 2nd January.

I have an exam on Wednesday, teaching a class on Thursday then i am off till the 8th of Jan when i have another 3 exams in that week.

I finished for Xmas sometime last week, I'm not sure exactly when. :)

I have no idea! I start my new job on Monday, I’m sure the training centre is closed for two weeks over Christmas and New Year but I expect to be asked to work at my local station for some of that.
Congrats I missed the update on your new career!

Knock off for Christmas. My memory doesn't stretch back that far. I didn't mind working Christmas Day as long as I could have Boxing Day off.

Finish tomorrow, back on Jan 12th :clap:

Great idea,!

Good man! I do charity work throughout the year, but Christmas there is even a bigger strain on resources, especially in food banks, homeless shelters etc. I don't know what your expertise are, but you might even be able to do something to help on your professional level, or even just mucking in labour or even simply as just chatting to folk will I imagine be massively appreciated!

I often go to local old folks homes and many don't have any family, I'd sit around chatting and hearing some great stories of yesteryear and having a little sing song as theres always some one with a harmonica or a piano :)

I've finished today and back 7th Jan. Longest Christmas break I can remember.

Like the OP I intend to get out for a few long walks during the day with my dog and in between walks I'll be making my Christmas gravy, stuffing, and soups. I'm looking forward to going out and doing some food shopping as it's something I never do.

Little amuses the innocent :)

Knocked off today and won't go back to work til around January 27th or when I can be arsed. In that time i got a 4 week holiday to sunnier climes to look forward too:clap:

Finish at the end of the day on the 24th and back in on the 27th and then off till the normal day everyone usually goes back in Jan what ever that is. I'll work it out nearer the time

I finish on the 21st at 1PM,back on the 2nd.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom