So when are we getting a 'proper' video marketplace then? Any news?

zAndy1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Now we've got our Elites when are we going to get a proper video marketplace so we can start making use of all that extra space? Any news about that anyone?

Cheers
Andy

Its not MS thats holding it up its the UK/Europe's laws regarding media and film distrbution. Get yourself a US Xblive account ;)

Its not MS thats holding it up its the UK/Europe's laws regarding media and film distrbution. Get yourself a US Xblive account ;)

i have, but you still cannot access the American video marketplace.

IPTV is almost a cert for the october/november dash update and considering USA got their video marketplace in last years update i think we'll get it in this years one

I have a us live account and can browse the marketplace but if I try and download anything it tells me my location is invalid.

IPTV is almost a cert for the october/november dash update and considering USA got their video marketplace in last years update i think we'll get it in this years one
IPTV is not the same thing as video marketplace - marketplace is downloading video from Microsoft's marketplace, and when it's done, you watch it. IPTV is streaming video on demand from your ISP.

We already have the technical capability to use the video marketplace, no update necessary, we just need the green light from the lawyers. I heard later this year was likely, like autumn time.

IPTV is likely to be trailed at Christmas time at the earliest by BT Vision in the UK.

Now we've got our Elites when are we going to get a proper video marketplace so we can start making use of all that extra space? Any news about that anyone?

Cheers
Andy

i've heard on E3 that will be out before Xmas

Thanks guys, looks like we'll just have to wait and see then. They'd better deliver on this though as it was one of the main reasons I upgraded to the elite

IPTV is not the same thing as video marketplace - marketplace is downloading video from Microsoft's marketplace, and when it's done, you watch it. IPTV is streaming video on demand from your ISP.

We already have the technical capability to use the video marketplace, no update necessary, we just need the green light from the lawyers. I heard later this year was likely, like autumn time.

IPTV is likely to be trailed at Christmas time at the earliest by BT Vision in the UK.

I know but i'm sure Microsoft want to launch them both over here soon.

They said they wouldn't realease the Elite until the Video marketplace was near ready to launch so i think November seems likely

Im expecting a christmas release along with the dash board update to accomodate more downloads and batch downloading (fingers crossed)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom