1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So whats up with all these disconnects when people lose then??

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by nero0410, Jul 17, 2004.

1. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    I am very annoyed with this.

I was happily playing NFS Underground on the ps2 online, this guy was thrashing me then he crashed on the 2nd lap and I then zoomed past him.

Now it was only a 4 lap race so he could have easily caught up, but what does he do he disconnects this happened to me twice within an hour. Why do people disconnect just because they are loseing/going to lose?

If I'm gonna lose I'm gonna go down fighting! Ive had one man left on Yuri and I race towards the enemy base, I even shout out charge at the top of my voice. I think people like this spoil online gameing.

The NFS was even an unranked game so why even bother disconnecting, even if it was ranked that would be worse. Its not the kind of thing to do.

I dont believe in cheating online let alone disconnects just cos your losing thats bang out of order cos they wouldnt like it if it happened to them especially on a ranked game where they would lose online rank.

It annoys my that much its immature and chidish and should not be tolirated, but apart from writing to the relevent company who wont be able to do anything theres nothing I know of that we can do.

Well I'm glad thats off my chest, feel free to view your opinions

tris

2. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Happens occasionaly on XBL. I'm mainly playing Toca 2 and have been kicked from a room for being too far in the lead. What can you do?

I now have a few guys I play with at a reasonably high level and we race hard and fair and it's good fun. I'm not quite up with them yet but catching them fast!

At the end of the day the world is full of nobends and probably more so on live console servers. You just have to find good people to play with.

3. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    There are far too many people like that around, happened all the time to me on Topspin & England football. i have a really good friends list so i tend to play those guys, which means i always have a good game.
    If i did'nt have the list i would have given up live long ago because i hate sore losers.

4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Happens loads on R6 on xbox live - theres a bug(Patch fixed this??) that adds your kills to your stats but not your death if you quit out mid game.
    Also if team kill and punishment is on people will kill there team mates :mad: and then quit and re join a few seconds later and the punishment wont take effect.

5. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    I think its all infair and ruins others fun really. There should be a penalty of some kind like having their rankings wiped or a fix that doesnt let them quit the game.

However somtimes the server or their connection is at fault, so if playing and your connection goes and you have your rankings wiped thats not fair neither. Cant win either way really. Unless of coarse the aformentioned 'fix' detects that a quit game has been performed.

But then if someone pulls there modem cable out on purpose that wouldnt be fair either. I dont think there is a good all round solution

I aint a sore loser i go down fighting and trying my hardest, I go on and get a good whooping i know that there is always someone better than me and better than them and so on and so forth so whats the big deal

Any software developers here lend a hand?? dought it but its worth a try

tris

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,729
    Yeah,that's the poor thing about online gaming!

nero0410 i'll have to give you a game on NFSU, I played online before christmas but sacked it off for the very reason you mention! Give me a shout and i'll get it hooked up again!

It's even worse when you are playing some PC strategy game that goes on for hours and then the other player quits!

Does my head right in!

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Notice this a lot on Far Cry online. During team assault games some players will swap teams , shoot up their team-mates and then drop back into their original team. Totally pointless , the players they kill don't lose points whilst they get penalised for killing their own teammates and assault games just swap the defender/attacker roles for the teams after every round anyway so everyone gets the same experience.

Very sad why bother playing?

8. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    gthom3 : Well I'll be on again tuesday at about 12noon. My name on there is "trist8" I'm only playing in the pre made sponser cars at the moment as I havent had the chance to build one up fully since I borrowed the ps2 version off of a mate. I got the xbox version my self and completed that, but my mate said I can borrow his ps2 version for quite a while.

Just go on and challange me you can have a decent race and I wont disconnect.

Mr.D : I have far cry but i dont havent played it online much at all yet, I get that problem with things like BHD and COD though.

At the end of the day people should respect other people that they play online whether they win or lose, as I would have thought they would not want other people to disconnect etc.... if they are winning. This sort of thing could push people away from online gaming.

tris

9. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    things like this are the best reason to club together with a few decent people online and get your own server hosted for games you love, that way with a secure entry you know that the only people in your game are there to be good solid players. this was evident when i used to play medal of honour:AA

10. Solar

Solar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    i play nfsu online EVERY day on pc and people quit all the time
    just remember though if its a ranked game, you wont gain any points, but they still lose the big amount as though they were last :)

the thing i hate the most is when you are on drag and the c***s up your ass decides to ram you off the road and claim thats how you play the game !!
    COME ON would you realy ram your £20.000 car into another in real life ?
    then why do it on a game

11. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,729
    OK Nero i'll have a look for you if i'm on. Not played it in ages so you'll probably hammer me! I won't quit though :D

12. Dpac

Dpac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

so u hate Man united then mate (sore losers. get it) :laugh: