1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what's this thing with 'silver' cabinets for plasma screens and speakers?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by alanfcross, Feb 21, 2005.

1. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First thing the household has go to get over is the size of a newly-installed plasma. Why do they make most of them silver? I would have thought dark grey would be less obtrusive when off, and more visually appropriate when on. And who the hell wants 5 or 6 silver speakers scattered around the lounge? Give me black any day - they're not there to be looked at. Or are they? Is silver really this year's black?

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Yep, got to admit that I prefer black av equipment and stands anyday of the week. Perhaps they have done a survey of females in the house and they said that silver was better at hiding the dust :devil:

3. adymartin

adymartin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i like both, contrast is good. ;)

4. tamthetim

tamthetim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    alanfcross

don't know where you've been for the past few years :boring: , but silver has been in fashion for electrical equipement for a while now....................washing machines, fridges, everthing.

suppose its personal taste................................and might well revert to black..........noticed you can order some speakers it a variety of colours :eek:

cheers,tam

5. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been around and I've seen all this silver stuff. Hate it, mostly, especially on washing machines. I just don't like looking at it, especially when I know it's sprayed plastic. Give me honest plastic any day! But I do think Hifi and HC hould blend in and not shout out - invisible would be perfection (except for the picture itself, that is!)

6. offdigital

offdigital
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You've got to admit that silver looks the business when it's brushed aluminium. It's cheap plastic sprayed silver I think looks tacky.