So whats the worst comedy ever?

ELV

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so we've had a thread about the best comedy, whats the worst comedy ever.

Joe Versus The Volcano, easily!!!!

Ta Very Much

ELV,

That's not the worst comedy ever. Something like: "Scary Movie 1, 2 or 3" are dire. As is "Freddy Got Fingered", and anything starring Adam Sandler!

Failing that, the BBC's new comedy with Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden, "Mad About Alice" was about as funny as having a caustic soda enema! :D

Pooch

Scary Movie is excellent :) I love it! The Wayans brothers films are great, I'm Gonna git you sucka, Don't go pouring your colt on the pavement when your a bla bla bla (whatever that film is called!).

Waterboy is tops too.

Any romantic comedy gets my vote, or most hollywood films with Rowan Atkinson as the lead role.

Freddy got Fingered is absolutely terrible.

Loads of s*itcoms I could mention

* = h

While I can't vouch for the worst comedy ever, as I haven't seen all so called "comedys", the worst film i've seen recently is without doubt 'Johnny English'. Predictable and so bad that it's even bad in an ironic way.

Another vote for "Freddy got Fingered" also "Carry on Columbus" -one of only two films I've fallen asleep in the cinema watching- the other was "Jerry Macguire"

Life with eddy murphy and that other guy.It was rubbish

Pluto Nash - got the dvd for 99p, never watched it to the end - I reused the case for another disc so it almost made it worth the cash

Rat Race - had two comic geniuses, Atkinson and Cleese, and yet was total, utter cack.

In fact, for all his Blackadder success, our Rowan has a lot to answer for... the Mr Bean movie.... Johnny English... Rat Race... and I thought he was crap in Four Weddings, too.....

If it's not just limited to films - The Fast Show

I nominate National Lampoon's Men in White. An absolutely dire MiB spoof. Do not ever watch this film for your own good. My other half got it out about 3 years ago from Blockbuster, and it was shockingly bad.

Originally posted by ELV
Scary movie 2 was the 2nd on my list

Originally posted by dc007
Rat Race - had two comic geniuses, Atkinson and Cleese, and yet was total, utter cack.

These are my two worst comedies

It's really unusual for me to stop watching a film before the end, even on TV. I gave up 40 minutes into Dude, Where's My Car the other night. Funny as a burning orphanage.:thumbsdow

the mean machine with vinnie jones has got to take some beating......only movie i walked out on

Originally posted by pinky3003
the mean machine with vinnie jones has got to take some beating......only movie i walked out on

agreed, it was terrible, but I watched it to the end. And at least it did make me laugh out loud once or twice which was more than Dude... could manage. Much the same applies to Mike Bassett England Manager.

I've never walked out of a cinema in protest. Too mean I guess. Even avoid going to the toilet if I can, although at my age that can be dangerous.

At one time I would have said "anything with Jim Carrey" - but Adam Sandler has truly redefined the term "s***e"!

Originally posted by cheeseywang
agreed, it was terrible, but I watched it to the end. And at least it did make me laugh out loud once or twice which was more than Dude... could manage. Much the same applies to Mike Bassett England Manager.

I thought Mike Bassett was superb!:smashin:

wot about Bruwce Almightie, eye thaught it woz real funney.

The trailer was enough for me - felt like doing violence to someone after seeing it. :)

I'd have to agree with DWMC! what a loada cr*P!

i also say Scary Movie 2 (just beats the other 2)

and i'll say 'Little Nicky', why o why does Sandler do that annoying voice! argh!! also dont think much of any of his other films apart from wedding Singer which was enjoyable and Punch drunk love.

rob :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom