So whats the general feeling on here regards HDMI 1.3, Is every one waiting for it ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jamieuk23, May 3, 2007.

1. Robbie Razzler

Robbie Razzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    The Onkyo 605 is the one i'm after, its as future proofed as your going to get and for those who are saying it will be at a premium price, i don't think £400 is for a high spec amp:thumbsup:

http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/product.asp?id=6110

2. charris cy

charris cy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Nick and Andy,

thanks for the info. I was wrong. I did not know about this. My only excuse is that I have never really researched it since I do not have an HDMI amp!

3. malkit

malkit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    I am not waiting for v1.3 specifically at the moment as my v1.1 Yamaha rx-v4600 is doing a fine job at the moment and sounds fantastic driving my pmc 7.1 setup.I do however have an eye on a 1080 full hd projector.I recently found to my annoyance that my amp won't pass a 1080p signal so will have to be replaced when I get the projector.If it wasn't for that I would be more than happy to stick with v1.1 for a few more years.
    I will make sure any new amp has v1.3 mainly for full bitrate dts ma rather than any thoughts of deep colour which by the sound of things is a long way off.I am currently getting full bitrate master audio from my hd htpc and it really is worth getting exited about IMHO it's noticeably better than Dolby true hd.Also the the decoding in my Toshiba xe1 is limited to 5.1 core only for dts which means manually changing from pcm to auto in the audio setup menu for dts es and 96/24 sd discs (and remembering to switch it back afterwards) so having all th decoding done in the amp will simplify things.