So whats everyone playing these days?

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The forum seems to be a little quiet these days, hows everyone still enjoying the PSVR?

I still absolutely love mine, now its coming up to 1 year since release I cant believe the use its got when previously I would often go 2 or 3 weeks without any gaming.

Since finishing Arizona Sunshine, I've been trying to revisit a few other games I bought and then didn't play a great deal. Ancient Amulet is one I keep going back to, only as the Archer at this point.

Ive also been playing loads of Stardust VR - not the Tron type Vr levels but the arcade mode on the round planet where it feels more 3D than typical VR. Its such a good, simple and fun arcadey blaster game - I strongly recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it.

There is a few game out I really like the look of, but I'm reluctant to buy without a demo as my playstation is littered with digital games I doubt ill ever play again. Archangel is one, Dino Frontier is another, plus Castlestorm, Tiny Trax, Theseus and Smashbox arena. Once there is a few price drops ill probably take a look but I love the fact we have plenty of choice these days. Previously I would just buy every new release because there really wasnt a great deal to choose from.

Really looking forward to some new Aim shooters, Farpoint nailed it for me so anything with similar controls would do for me, no matter what the story or environment you play in.

Played arizona for the first time yesterday on coop. Bit disappointed tbh seemed not smooth compared to far point and your coop player moves like someone has broken their legs. Also made me nauseas which haven't experienced for a while

Only buy Theseus if you can get it really cheap, say around £5. It has a few cool moments but the rest of it is so average and dull. Gameplay is just so basic and clunky. To get the proper ending I believe you have to play through it twice, I've done it once but just the thought of doing it again zzzzzz.

I love VR when I use it, but it's a bit like Nintendo, with limited games I want to play.

At the moment i'm still dabbling with Superhot. May occasionally fire up Elite: Dangerous (on PC with PSVR headset), Battlezone or Star Trek Bridge Crew.

My kids love super hot. I'm impressed but fairly rubbish so usually end up playing something else

Super Hot was great, such a shame it was so short. I would really like some DLC for it.

Not a lot at the moment. Got a few games to try from digital sales.

I was playing Farpoint a lot, but I had a strange glitch corruption in my game. But I had to go into hospital, not related to the game :) , so need to get back to the devs about it. Or I might just start again..

I love VR when I use it, but it's a bit like Nintendo, with limited games I want to play.

At the moment i'm still dabbling with Superhot. May occasionally fire up Elite: Dangerous (on PC with PSVR headset), Battlezone or Star Trek Bridge Crew.
How is the head set on the pc?

Been catching up on all my non vr games recently. Going to get stuck into some vr next week though when the wife goes back to work and get stuck into RE with the dark nights drawing in.

Got sparc yesterday and seems very good and a real virtual sport

Have to say for the first time in ages I've not touched the PSVR!!
(unplugged it last night for some HDR goodness on Lost Legacy)

Definitely feels like some of the magic has gone.
Last thing i bought was Superhot and ive not even played it.
The big hope for me was Elite and it looks like that dream isnt going to happen.
Skyrim i plan to play on SWITCH for its portability.
There's been no VR announcement for the new Star Wars BF 2 game.

All feels a bit stale, even after the decent showing at E3 it fells like there's been no follow ups.

The fact the Rigs is free next month is good, but it being quite high in the motion sickness scale may put more people of then do any good to spread the VR word.
A more soothing game as the 1st VR game may have been better.

Time is also an issue, game time is limited, and so many games competing for time, having to set up the VR just makes me feel, 'i cant be bothered to set it up'

Resident Evil and the Star Wars mission have been two of the highlights of 2017 but whats to come?

I'm still loving mine and it gets used weekly, although I've started practising on starwars battlefront again recently.

Seems to be a real steady stream of games coming out now, I really want something decent for the aim.

Do people still play Eve Valkyrie? Never picked it up at launch but just ordered a 2nd hand copy :)

Just finished The Lost Bear...yeah it's sweet. Short & sweet but 100%in it could be interesting. Not bad for £7...love my PSVR. I probably play more VR than normal games these days.

I've finished Statik today, it's a pretty cool little game.

The puzzles are just fantastic and perfectly balanced. When you first get each new box you don't have a clue how to solve it. But from simply experimenting and randomly pressing buttons you start to understand how they work.

I'm happy to have completed them all without cheating and I never got stuck for more than a few minites. I collected all but four trophys during my playthrough and I'll happily complete it again.

Came in here really hoping there was something great releases recently so I could take the plunge with v2. Seems nothings changed in 6 months and re7 is still the only standout game.

It's not a very busy sub forum, reddit Psvr is better if you are looking for what's new.

I've not played Resi in months, there has been loads of decent new games out.

If you gave up on Psvr before I don't think this new headset warrants going back.

I'm still playing Solus Project off and on, but saw they have a Pro patch incoming: better graphics and smooth turning option, so might wait for that.

Then i dabble in the odd game here or there, like SuperHot or Battlezone.

And still playing Elite: Dangerous on FlatR PS4 or VR PC :smashin:

I got Solus, played a few minutes then had to stop and haven't returned.

If course it's too soon to judge but I got the impression it might not be my sort of game. I'm waiting any patches and updates before i give it another go.

Really enjoying Archangel and Bloody zombies at the moment. Also been playing star wars battlefront to refresh my lack of skills before the new game arrives.

Sneaky bears is surprisingly fun.

Also just finished paranormal activity which was awesome.

Fantastic contraption was another one that surprised me at how neat it was.

I like the fact that there's so much variety in vr games still.

Got to say they the horror style games are still my favourite on vr though. Pa, re7 and don't knock twice, although all similar, have all given me some nice jump scares. PA in particular felt really immersive to me. Really enjoyed that one.

Also been playing star wars battlefront to refresh my lack of skills before the new game arrives.

Well, that's what I've been doing but I have to say, I've been playing the beta since yesterday, albeit not as intensely as I might because it's basically just not clicked with me...at all. I liked the first one almost instantly but this feels horrible IMO.

I'm sticking with BF1 as I went digital on the Revolution version, the future DLC will keep me happy...& I'm not expecting COD to change that either.

Anyway back to VR, I'm quite pleased BFII hasn't impressed me because I do believe it shares the same arrival date as Skyrim VR, a game I've never played straight, let alone in VR!

I seriously can't wait for that, especially as confirmed full locomotion can be achieved with the move controller buttons. Yeah, that's where my time is going.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom