So what was your favourite Xmas prezzie when you were a kid?

Bill Hicks

Ex Member
Reaction score
Ho ho ho and a merry Christmas to you all.
All this talk of xmas prezzies has got me thinking of when I was a kid getting up before the adults all excited of the thought of opening all my presents.

What still sticks in your mind as the best presents you received as a kid.

For me it was a simple Haunted House board game that I played for months after and a MK1 Raleigh Chopper all shiny in orange & chrome.

Whats yours?

http://www.worldsstrangest.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/wscache23/d67c7_witchin-kitchen.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cGGfC8hInuo/SqAb8dV4gQI/AAAAAAAAAl8/heYYty1r0Gk/s400/choppermk1.jpg

That's an easy one for me........first full football kit of blue shirt, white shorts and white socks.....damn near lived in the thing for the following year!! ....ah, happy memories :)

I remember getting a 6'*3' snooker table and it lived on top of our dining room table for months.

Also loved my action man assault tower and my first racing bike.....times were simpler then as opposed to today where my daughter has an Ipod touch and I spent last night putting up a 32" lcd on my boy's bedroom wall and setting up a Wii and a PS3.

Kids these days don't know they are born.

Couldn't possibly order them but the ones I remember fondly;

Texas Instruments 49/A (my first proper computer ... 1981 I think)
Micronauts - had a load of figures and stuff, played with those for years
Complete set of Lone Ranger figures (or dolls if you prefer) and the Saloon / Jail / Train Station
Grifter bike
My first record player when I was 8 or 9, the speaker was actually the lid to the player, in bright orange (can't remember what it was called), mono and tinny but it allowed me freedom to listen to what I wanted , which at that time was T-Rex (my uncle was/is a big fan and I copied anything he did :) )

I'm sure there would be more if I thought about it but these come immediately to mind ... thanks that question has put a real smile on my face :)

Merry Christmas all!

My Spectrum +2 James Bond pack I got when I was about 8.

I can't tell you how excited I was - unwrapping the huge box that was almost as big as me and seeing 'James Bond 007' on the front.

I had great fun shooting things on my 14" portable with the light gun and it was really exciting discovering that my weekly pocket money paid for 2 or 3 games (but the snazzy boxed ones by the Ocean developer cost £10).

http://k1.dyndns.org/Vintage/Sincla...es Bond 007 Action Pack/plus2 action pack.jpg

Oh memories .....:)
For me it had to be the star wars at-at walker which my dad drove from York to Keswick to collect as they had sold out everywhere .also fondly remember my first star wars toy the year before, the millennium falcon still want one today :)

Raleigh chrome burner with black skyways fitted as an extra, went all over on that bike

Happy days :)
Merry Christmas

Atari 2600 woody with Pitfall closely followed by a Star Wars At-At.

Different ones at different age points.

Major ones I remember:

Johnny Astro

Then late on.

Scalextric

Train Set.

For anyone who's never heard of Johnny Astro..... http://www.johnnyastro.com/

Lego - Any form would do :)

Amstrad 464 with green screen
When I was a bit older, one year I got Chronicle of the world which i read cover to cover, and a jigsaw puzzle called haunted inns of england which I really loved. They both sound boring, but they really weren't to me.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
BMX with yellow mag wheels when I was about 10....I freakin' loved that bike!

Couldn't possibly order them but the ones I remember fondly;

Texas Instruments 49/A (my first proper computer ... 1981 I think)

....oooh that was one of mine all time favs as well, I spent hours playing "Parsec" :smashin:

A ZX Spectrum 48k in 1982 which I still remember cost a princely sum of £129.00

Its was 1993 and i got my 1st TV for my room. I must have been about 10 years old. It was Bush or Matsui (or something like that) TV with VHS combined.
This opened up an all new insight into tv and film.
Due to it being in my room i was able to watch quite a few cult films that never really were big blockbusters and so were always put on bbc, itv & channel 4 late at night.
Fond films were The People under the Stairs, Enemy Mine, The Burbs, Dr Giggles, Stand by Me + lots more which i remember being on and just watching them cos i could.
It also introduced me to Manga which channel 4 used to show late (1am'ish) on weekends.
If it wasn't for that TV i don't think i would have as much interest in films as i do now.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom