So what time is everyone turning up at the stores for?

matt d938

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got 3 o2 stores near me, one is opening early at 8.02, then one at 9 then one opens at 10, I finish work at 7 so I'm thinking to make sure I get one I'm going to rock up to the 10am one which is also the closest and get there super early, never done the launch day thing before so don't know what it's going to be like queue wise, also the 10am store is also the smallest of all 3 so may not get that many phones.

Is every o2 shop getting some handsets? What's your thoughts and also your own plan of attack?

Matt

No useful input from me I'm afraid but I'm happy to hear opinions on this as well.

I'll be upgrading an O2 contract and there are 3 O2 shops here in Aberdeen so not exactly sure how to go about things to secure a phone :confused:

I'll be picking my reservation from the glasgow apple store at around 11am to try and avoid the major rush. Although i'm still expecting to wait for a bit.

Hopefull i'll have my o2 microsim set up by then so i can get it set up quickly.

Meadowhall Apple store for me, they open 2 hours early at 8am so I hope to be in and out before work to collect my pre-order :smashin:

I plan to arrive at the Apple store in the Bluewater complex at approx 7:45, I would have preferred to get there a little later but have a meeting in the afternoon.

I just know that the queue will drive me mad. I am not one for standing around :thumbsdow Worst case scenario will mean I am surrounded by Apple geeks who will be boring each other with stats. :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

I live in a small market town, and work a night shift. I will be staying
Up when I've finished work, and paying the warehouse a visit upon opening. I was the first person in my town to purchase the 1st iPhone, and shall be the first for the iPhone 4. Sad really LOL

Nige

didn't reserve so plan will probably be to turn up at my nearest cpw when they open, which is gonna be 7am (even though they wont actually be putting through any sales till 8am). then try and get in and out asap, gonna be working late morning so will prob jus have time to get home and put it on to charge before shooting off.

good thing is i have two cpw's about 5 mins drive from my house, each with good parking. so if i see a queue i can relocate to the other and hopefully it will be a bit quieter.

I will be at the Arndale Centre, Manchester at 8am :smashin:

Have you pre ordered though? Should of really put in the op this is for people that are just turning up at o2 shops etc

it's ok for you lot who have pre regged your phone you can rock up at any time lol

just don't know what to expect queue wise surely if I turn up 3 hours early i should be right at the front lol

Matt

Have you pre ordered though? Should of really put in the op this is for people that are just turning up at o2 shops etc

it's ok for you lot who have pre regged your phone you can rock up at any time lol

just don't know what to expect queue wise surely if I turn up 3 hours early i should be right at the front lol

Matt

Yeah i preordered mine, but will still be going to the Apple store at 8am :D

I remember for the 3G launch the O2 systems went down for nearly three hours whilst everyone waited! (including me) Hopefully everything will go smoothly this time.

I will be at the Arndale Centre, Manchester at 8am :smashin:

I'll see you there :hiya:

7:20 train from Stalybridge will get me into town for 7:40 then grab a coffe and go and stand in the queue.

So just to clarify something as i want to buy my contract out and start a new one.

I can just turn up at an o2, phones4u, cpw store on thursday with my 2 forms of id and just say to them i want to do the early upgrade offer and then everything will get sorted then instore?

Last time i went to my local cpw the staff in there were clueless about what i wanted.

So just to clarify something as i want to buy my contract out and start a new one.

I can just turn up at an o2, phones4u, cpw store on thursday with my 2 forms of id and just say to them i want to do the early upgrade offer and then everything will get sorted then instore?

Last time i went to my local cpw the staff in there were clueless about what i wanted.

Yes, but i'd try o2 1st :smashin:

i am going to bluewater but dont know weather it would be quicker in and out to go at 7:45 or 9:00??

Opening time for me at my local o2 in manchester city centre. Hope there's no queue...First time for me doing this..dunno how I got caught up in all the hype! :blush:

Yes. Not doing over phone or online. Only in store on launch.

Damn my o2 store is quite a bit away from my house and im working at 10am thursday so thats a no go.

However my local cpw store is only 5-10 mins away.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom