1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what is the 32" LCD to get?!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by peterakastorm, Aug 11, 2005.

1. peterakastorm

peterakastorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah... I've decided that I can't afford a 42", and I don't have the room either...

So please direct me to what the top 32" LCD is?!

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Take your pick!
    Anything from Sharp (GA6/GD7 - later this month), JVC DS6, Panny DX500, Hitachi getting good write ups apparently. Loewe if you want the German and poor man's eqivalent of B&O. Sony V series - due October, IIRC.
    In all honesty, you'll need to see them and decide for yourself, but the first 3, 4 are sound choices and making all the right noises with those who've seen them.
    Loewe is an excelent brand with superb reputation, but the price is compensurate with that rep - so that's partly why you'll see less mention of them.
    Sony's WEGA processing engine is reckoned to be very well designed, so if you're happy to pay a premium for the name on the box, then it's another worthy contender.

3. peterakastorm

peterakastorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But Sony's aren't HD ready, are they?

What about the Samsung ones? The LE32R41/51 ones? Aren't they good?

4. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    IMHO each and every one of the models mentioned are worth your money and to pick one for your living room you will have to visit a lot of shops or take a chance. Each will have a style of its own, more vivid colours, smoother image or connections more suited to your kit etc. LCDs really are getting good now.