• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

So what games are you looking forward to on the Wii?

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I know the Nintendo E3 keynote was disappointing for many, but together with the games already announced I think there are some good games coming out on the platform in the near future, probably the best line-up we've seen on the console so far.

Here is my list of potential purchases for the Wii(in no particular order):

• Mario Galaxy 2
  • New Mario Bros.
  • Metroid: Other M
  • Metroid Trilogy
  • JU-ON: The Grudge
  • The Conduit
  • Cursed Mountain
  • Tiger Woods 10
  • Wii Sports Resort
  • Red Steel 2
  • DiRT 2(although I'll be getting this on 360)
  • Phantom Brave: We Meet Again

Other possibles include No More Heroes 2, Grand Slam Tennis, Ghostbusters, Let's Tap & Overlord: Dark Legend.

Not a bad list at all IMO, especially as most of them are near certain purchases(depending funds:rolleyes:).

Don't forget you PAL owners still also have the fantastic ExciteBots to look forward to also(which I'm playing through at the moment on my US console).

So what about you lot?

addyb

Distinguished Member
I know the Nintendo E3 keynote was disappointing for many, but together with the games already announced I think there are some good games coming out on the platform in the near future, probably the best line-up we've seen on the console so far.

Here is my list of potential purchases for the Wii(in no particular order):

• Mario Galaxy 2
    New Mario Bros.
    Metroid: Other M
    Metroid Trilogy
  • JU-ON: The Grudge
    The Conduit
  • Cursed Mountain
  • Tiger Woods 10
    Wii Sports Resort
  • Red Steel 2
  • DiRT 2(although I'll be getting this on 360)
  • Phantom Brave: We Meet Again

Other possibles include No More Heroes 2, Grand Slam Tennis, Ghostbusters, Let's Tap & Overlord: Dark Legend.

Not a bad list at all IMO, especially as most of them are near certain purchases(depending funds:rolleyes:).

Don't forget you PAL owners still also have the fantastic ExciteBots to look forward to also(which I'm playing through at the moment on my US console).

So what about you lot?

Yeah excitebots is excellent and totally loving it!

Ive highlighted the games that interest me the most. There's more than enough games there to keep me occupied.

RMGEE

Prominent Member
For me it has to be Wii Sports Resort, the first Wii Sports is IMO the best game on the Wii, it really shows what the Wii can do & with the WMP I hope it will be even better.

Also looking forward to Grand Slam Tennis, Tiger Woods & Red Steel 2.

Rich

PocketOperator

Established Member
That was quite funny although I'm always sceptical whenever they show audience members being terrified by a game or a movie (as they usually do in horror movie trailers these days). Unfortunately the people they show are usually always idiots who would be scared by a toddler covering their eyes and then quickly uncovering them and shouting "BOO!".

Having said that, there could be some genuinely scary moments in the game, we shall have to wait and see.

In other news: I'm a kill-joy! lol

Fifty

Established Member
The les obvious one I'm looking forward to (SMG2 and Zelda are a given) is the Tower of Shadows. Looks very Ico-like.

And am intrigued by the rumours of the new Mickey Mouse game being a Wii exclusive.

Crid

Established Member
And am intrigued by the rumours of the new Mickey Mouse game being a Wii exclusive.

I got the impression from a recent IGN Daily Fix that it was originally announced as Wii-exclusive but may now be coming to other platforms?

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I got the impression from a recent IGN Daily Fix that it was originally announced as Wii-exclusive but may now be coming to other platforms?

Ditto.

Crid

Established Member
Probably an unusual one to look forward to, but Endless Ocean 2. I really enjoyed the first one and it looks like the second one is going to expand the original idea rather than simply being a rehash.

Isn't Endless Ocean 2 some kind of breach of Trades Description though? Like Neverending Story 2? :D

G a f f e r

Prominent Member
probably an unusual one to look forward to, but endless ocean 2. I really enjoyed the first one and it looks like the second one is going to expand the original idea rather than simply being a rehash.

Isn't endless ocean 2 some kind of breach of trades description though? Like neverending story 2? :D

+1

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom