So what did you get?

Forgot to mention, I got the Senna Blu-ray too. I'm looking forward to watching that.

Pretty much mate. I would have gone for an ATV too if I had a spare HDMI port going.

does the iphone also do the video streaming for games or is it the ipad only?

Thinking of picking up a couple of the racing games and can see that making the extra investment worth it.

does the iphone also do the video streaming for games or is it the ipad only?

Thinking of picking up a couple of the racing games and can see that making the extra investment worth it.

Pass mate. I would only have used it for movies. I don't really play games on the ipad/iphone anyway.

apple tv is on its way :D

will have a play with mothers Ipad until my iphone.

Missus got me an iPad 2 and a Pulp Fiction "Bad Motherf*cker" wallet lol

does it glow gold when you open it? :laugh:

Haha sadly not! But it does raise some eyebrows at work when people see it, considering I work for a childrens charity, the word "inappropriate" has been mentioned :laugh:

Matt, did you get your ATV all set up? What's it like?

pretty limited, but does exactly what I want - plays spotify to my amp wirelessly from my phone. The mac spotify app (lion) doesn't look to have the option. Got it for £80 in the end so happy with that as john lewis accidently sold me a returned unit.

Also if you have a mac and a library full of movies (in itunes) it would be pretty seamless too for watching movies. Just a massive shame they didn't enable a dnla protocol so you can stream from a nas drive or windows machine outside the applesphere. Luckily both the xbox and ps3 have this part covered.

No more toys for me now as I've run out of HDMI's on the amp :)

Last edited:
pretty limited, but does exactly what I want - plays spotify to my amp wirelessly from my phone. The mac spotify app (lion) doesn't look to have the option. Got it for £80 in the end so happy with that as john lewis accidently sold me a returned unit.

Also if you have a mac and a library full of movies (in itunes) it would be pretty seamless too for watching movies. Just a massive shame they didn't enable a dnla protocol so you can stream from a nas drive or windows machine outside the applesphere. Luckily both the xbox and ps3 have this part covered.

No more toys for me now as I've run out of HDMI's on the amp :)

A program called Airfoil will allow you to stream desktop Spotify to ATV:

Rogue Amoeba | Airfoil for Mac: Wireless Audio Around Your House

Trialled it, works fine, but having an iPhone and an iPad I thought "what's the point?"

A program called Airfoil will allow you to stream desktop Spotify to ATV:

Rogue Amoeba | Airfoil for Mac: Wireless Audio Around Your House

Trialled it, works fine, but having an iPhone and an iPad I thought "what's the point?"

Same here I'm certianly not going to pay for it.

I imagine it the iphone app needs a premium account to run so no problem including airplay but it would be more work to update the main app (can't be that hard though right??).

No big deal either way as my main playlists are synced to my phone now and it is a more natural control unit than the macbook.

interesting point you make above, an ipad doesn't need an HDMI socket :devil: (but then I still need my equipment in full working order!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom