So this Snazio thing then .. mutts nuts or what?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dr_mabuse, Nov 4, 2005.

1. dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    From the little info I can source here and on the linked websites, it seems on paper that this Net Cinema HD machine really does the lot - Upscaling, Divx and DivxHD, playback from either disc or streamed wirelessly from PC of .ts, .avi, vob etc etc.

But I just wanted to know - are these multitude of playback options all available out through the humble old Scart? I won't be getting a HD panel until next year, so until then it'll be feeding through Scart to a regular CRT.

I would imagine that the HD .ts streams and HD files won't output through the Scart, but until I get a suitable panel I'd certainly make extensive use of the playback of Divx .avi files.

So long story short - what file formats can be output through the regular RGB Scart output?

Apologies to the experts who are all :boring: by this type of noob question!

dr_m

2. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I can't see this listed in the specs but I'd say they'd be crazy not to include RGB on the SCART connection...anyway, you'll only get 525 and 625 interlaced from SCART, no progressive, no upscaling...by the time you get your HD display it will most certainly have component RCA and DVI/HDMI input as standard so you'll dump the SCART anyway...even some current CRTs (Samsung, JVC) which do not have DVI can take HD 1080i from component input...

3. dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Kalos
    Thanks for your reply. Roll on next year when the panel arrives!! :thumbsup:

dr_m