Question So Stressed!!! What TV!!!

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Liamjay, Dec 28, 2016.

?
  1. Samsung KS7000 60inch

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Sony XD8599

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. LG UH770V

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Liamjay

Liamjay
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice as it appears currys knows nothing and neither do I

I'm after a new TV pref 65inch and in a nutshell want the best TV I can get for around £1300 budget. It will be used for amazon prime, Netflix, blue ray, PlayStation and Sky Q.

I strolled into currys and they straight away took me to a Sony XD8599. It looked brill, but upon googling, it says that the Samsung KS7000 for the same money is far superior (although I couldnt afford the 65inch just the 60inch is the KS)

I honestly don't know what to do, I've just had Sky Q 4K version installed and am missing out as my TV is only HD.

Also I currently own a Samsung 55inch F6670. Are the Sony/newer Samsung much of a upgrade or should I just wait!?!?

Further to this, currys also told me that the LG 65UH770V (65inch) is better then both for a couple of hundred quid more as it's a £2000 TV and it currently has £500 off....

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Liam

2. dmw3

dmw3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    Currys 'advice' from their sales staff is very target/commission driven. Basically ignore it.

Best to go to a proper dealer or decent chain like Richer Sounds or John Lewis if you can. These places will let you view your sources in the showroom so you can decide which tv is best for you . They also offer free extended 5 or 6 year guarantees on your purchase .

The Ks 7000 is probaby your best bet but see it first

3. webbdingle

webbdingle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi mate.

I got the Samsung ue65ks7000 in the black Friday sale for for 1450 from richer sounds so I would guess that it will be dropping to near that price or more again in the xmas/January sales. Plus curry's will copy richer sounds on price but to be honest your better going to richer sounds or John Lewis for better customer service.

Hope that's a little help if any[emoji6].

4. Liamjay

Liamjay
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you,

Also how much of a upgrade is the ks7000 compared to my current Samsung F6670?

And is getting the HDR capabilities of the ks7000 worth sacrificing an extra 5 inch screen estate ?

Thanks again in advance

5. webbdingle

webbdingle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    To be honest mate I would not know cuz I've come from a Sony 50in that was two years old but I will say that sd looks pretty crap but I heard that gose for pretty much every tv this year from what I've read but hd looks good and plus you've got sky q which will definitely see the benefits from. Netflix and Amazon prime look great in uhd plus hdr.

I must say I love the TV but I've done lots of messing around with the setting each day but I think I've finally settled on the best ones for each input.

If I was you I'd have a good read on here about it and try to go see one in richer sounds or something.

6. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,250
    KS7000 by far. Other TVs use IPS panels which is poor form for a TV of that budget IMO.

7. Liamjay

Liamjay
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmmm.

I can't help thinking I'm getting more for my money with the Sony XD85 that's what's making the decision so hard.

Will the extra HDR etc of the Samsung warrant a reduction in screen size I can have in normal viewing such as sky q 4K and streaming..... will I notice a massive difference?

8. tomelli

tomelli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Like the man said!

I have the 55". Great TV.

9. webbdingle

webbdingle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If I was you I'd hold on a few days cuz I bet the 65ks7000 will come down in price not sure how much but maybe near your budget. When got mine it did not drop right away but a few days in to the sale 150 was taken off.