So some urban legends do turn out to be true.

I didn't think that was an urban legend anyway?
I always thought it had been confirmed that they did bury all those unsold copies.

Yeah, never an urban legend. Reported in the papers at the time. Terrible game, didn't sell, sent to landfill. Really don't get the fascination with this story.

Go play ET on Stella the 2600 emulator. It deserves to stay in that hole.

Compared with the Lost Spitfires in the Burmese Jungle "legend" this one seems a bit lame...

I remember playing this as a kid and I quite liked it. I could phone home and get picked up no problem. Its not impossible and very close to the dungeon crawl game "Adventure" . Never understood why people hated on it so much.

I remember playing this as a kid and I quite liked it. I could phone home and get picked up no problem. Its not impossible and very close to the dungeon crawl game "Adventure" . Never understood why people hated on it so much.

I big IP, a rush job, full of bugs. Just endless disappointment even for a 2600 game. The flick scroll coupled with those pits at the top of the screen ensuring you automatically get penalised without it being your fault is just rage inducing. I played it recently on an emulator and for such a large license, it's embarrassing. Compare it to the stuff Activision put out like Pitfall, Keystone Kapers, or River Raid and it's like they got the YTS kid to code it.

The trick is to learn the screens and not push further when it scrolls.

Looks nearly as bad as the raiders if the lost ark that was on the Atari back in the day. Those damn tetsi flies used to drive me mad.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom