• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SO SO Confused? - Please Help ?!

indy_d

Standard Member
Hi Folks

Looking for the right LCD is hard work - i would even go as far as saying im suffering from stress! .

I would really appreciate all your comments and observations.

I am looking for an LCD that is primarily going to be used with my standard sky box through the RGB. - So i need an LCD with good SD quality.

I rang richer sounds and they advised me to go for LG range for SD PQ? - But seriously LG?

I had 2 sets in mind:
NEW Pioneer KRL-37/46V LCD
NEW Sony KDL-40W4500

The Sony would have been the obvious choice because of the price and my brand loyalty as my old Sony crt has just packed in after 8 years! However im told that Sonys SD viewing is horrible!

The Pioneer LCD has not had any significant reviews yet but members on this forum have said the SD viewing is the best they have seen on any LCD!

I am open to any other models - heard Panasonic / Samsung are good for SD?

My budget could stretch to about £2000 and need an LCD screen size 37 or above inches.

Or should i go for the Kuro plasmas? Or the new Sony z series LCD with 200 MHz scanning? - arhhh help!!

Kindest Regards
Indy

audiphile76

Prominent Member
With that kind of budget, its a shame to miss the KURO plasma series 5090. They have blacks to the level of 0.013 cd/m2 which is significantly lower than 8th Gen KURO with 0.3 cd/m2. There is a talk of LED lights showing perfect blacks but this technology is still not mature and might have problems initially. If you dont want to wait till their maturity :D, go for the Pioneer KURO and get the best viewing experience! :thumbsup:

indy_d

Standard Member
With that kind of budget, its a shame to miss the KURO plasma series 5090. They have blacks to the level of 0.013 cd/m2 which is significantly lower than 8th Gen KURO with 0.3 cd/m2. There is a talk of LED lights showing perfect blacks but this technology is still not mature and might have problems initially. If you dont want to wait till their maturity :D, go for the Pioneer KURO and get the best viewing experience! :thumbsup:

Im scared of screen burn on Plasma- do the pio suffer from this?

audiphile76

Prominent Member
Screen burns are rare, there are image retention risks. Why dont you post also in Plasma section to get the point of view from there too.

imo, if brightness and contrast are not kept too high, there is no risk of IRs. Pio owners even play around 4-5 hours on their PS3 with no problems.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom