so, now its out. DV27+

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by harry_thx, Dec 18, 2002.

1. harry_thx

harry_thx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

i just read that now a "DV27+", or kind of will be sold.

Now I have to ask myself ( because John, you never answer e-mails....) what was it all about that modular system and the whole upgrade story which I was told when I bought my DV27.

Can a DV27 be upgraded? I assume no. And why it is not official? To keep the DV27 users quiet?

I am very sorry, but I have wrote many e-mails about my DV27 problems to ARCAM and never got any repsonse. I promised John to keep these things out of the official forum, but what should i do, if nobody answers?

If the DV27+ story is true and no acceptable way could be found to give DV27 users the possibility to upgrade to zoran and Sil504, then for personally is my DV27 time come....

Best regards

Harry

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hello Harry,

Actually it is still called a DV27 but has the Vaddis 5 processor board in it. I don't think it will necessarily solve the issues in which you are interested but we (still) need to conduct those conversations by personal e-mail.

But if you wished to change the processor board you could. We won't have stock to do that for a while though.

We are using the SiI503 in our progressive output BTW and have never said anything else.

Don't believe everything you hear on a newsgroup :)

I will try to talk to you soon.

John Dawson (Arcam)

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +944
    It has been stated previously that it will be possible to upgrade an older DV27 to the new processor board if you wish. Estimated cost last time I heard was about £250, or you could do it at the same time as you get the proposed DVD-Audio upgrade, with both upgrades bundled for £400 (saving about £50). John D seemed to think there wouldn't be that much point in the processor upgrade by itself, though.