So nobody has come up with decent settings for the Panny PX60?!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by robo989, Dec 29, 2006.

1. robo989

robo989
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Well lets have them then!!!! I spent over an hour trudging through post after post of nonsensical gibbering from various PX60 owners.....not one of them is able to post some decent settings for this screen other than...

Wack everything at 50% and colour on "cool"

?

There's a 14 page thread on the "settings" but still nobody can provide such a simple thing....

I know you shouldn't use the "warm\normal" setting for the colour as some people have suggested, so that writes off most peoples opinions anyway....

Sorry very grumpy, ummmm I need to calm down....

Would really appreciate some help, sorry for my totally obnoxious manner.....but come on, these must be the most popular plasmas around these days....

Also some VGA settings would be good as everything looks very washed out over it....:)

Thank you for any help :smashin:

2. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    The trouble with settings are they are a very personal thing, it will depend on the sources people use and the lighting in their rooms. Use what works for you, with your sources in your room, ideally having used Aria or DVE to set it up. But run it on low contrast and brightness for the first couple of hundred hours.

It's certainly not worth getting grumpy over, enjoy your telly mate. :thumbsup:

3. robo989

robo989
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Yeah cheers mate :)

I got some pretty good settings I think for me sources but would like to know if they are optimal, DVE seems to be giving me totally wrong settings....spent hours on that disc, seemed to do a good job on me old LG plasma, but on the panasonic its making the colours too warm after calibrating, and you loose the "3d-ness" of the picture....:confused:

Cheers though :)