So...? No one knows ANYTHING about Grundig then?

JohnnyPanix

Standard Member
Reaction score
Someone out there MUST have info oon whether or not Grundig are a good bet or not. Specifically the Grundig Xentia MFW70 490/8 28" tv.

Good price, looks nice, pleanty of features, but no comments!!!

Really need some educated opinions on this.

Please help me!!! oh my god!!! aaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!!

If the TV is around the £500 mark I would go for a JVC instead! Grundig are a budget company whereas JVC is in the mid-market range.

hello.
I have bought the same 28" grundig tv about 6 weeks ago from unbeatable.
I paid £470 inc delivery.
This is a 100mgz tv .
Took me a while to learn all the controls.The instruction book is on screen.
the picture took a few days to bed in but now i'm very very pleased.
Its got three scarts and a vga socket.
I had a sony tv before so i was prepared to be a bit dissapointed with the picture quality, but i needn't have worried.The only picture fault is when poor quality taped tv is shown and the shading goes flat, but i'm sure witha bit more adjusting iti can solve it.

If they still have stock I would buy one.
p.s. the remote is a learning one for 4 items.

Can you say anything more about the picture quality? This slight problem you mention?

And if anyone else knows anything?

Unbeatable don't have them anymore, only on their auction site. I can get one for £499 excluding delivery. Which puts it about £50 more expenisve than the JVC 28WFT1. I prefer the look of the Grundig unit to the JVC which looks a bit cheap.

Is it any better to get a lower end model from a higher end company, than a higher end model from a lower end company. If indeed Grundig are lower end. The 32" got a great review at www.home-entertainment.co.uk.

I have about 7 days to decide, and I've excluded the TOSHIBA 28Z07B and the Hitachi C28WF532N from my list now, unless anyone can tell me different?

MORE ADVICE NEEDED!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom