Quantcast

So my gran wants 'one of those flat ones' with £1000 budget.

Pezerinno

Novice Member
Hi guys, I was talking to my gran yesterday and she said she was looking for a new TV - went to curry's (don't worry I put her straight on that one :nono: ) but didn't know what to go for. She was just looking at the sets thermselves (i.e turned off) and then the price with cheaper the better ideology which I don't agree with when it comes to LCDs (although there are a couple of good uns about no doubt). She doesn't take any notice of specs mainly because she hasn't a clue what they are going on about - I tried to explain but soon lost her so she asked me to find one for her.

Now budget is £1000 and below. Ideally have an intergrated digital tuner and speakers placed below as opposed to the side to give a neater look and take up less space although this isn't a must. She didn't really care about hi-def, she won't be getting sky or anything just sticking with freeview however I see a HD set as an ideal because I know she'll keep this set forever. Size wise looking at 26" - 32".

I've seen the JVC LT32DS6 for around the £1030 incl delivery mark - slightly over but I'm £30 will be ok. What others should I be looking at?

Thanks for your help, Nick.

RyanK

the JVC LT32DS6 is a very good screen. Bloody great picture, bottom speakers and HD ready with freeview built in although their is a Samsung that many people seem to be raving about. I do`nt no the model but sure someone will post it for you.

getdownmonkeyma

Novice Member
Sharp P50 series maybe, optimised for PAL/non HD content (ie Freeview), does have a HDMI input, so can accept HD sources. I recommended this one to the in -laws and they are very happy with it.

Pezerinno

Novice Member
Thanks guys, will have a quick google for the samsung sets...

Was thinking about the Sharp Pal series of TVs.

Pezerinno

Novice Member
The samsung is cheaper out of those two so thats always good. I've heard theres a new version of the samsung out soon - is this the case?