1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much to connect! How??

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by phil2415, Sep 10, 2004.

1. phil2415

phil2415
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm about to splash out on a projector and screen. At present, I have the TV signal being received by my VCR (RF at the moment :blush: ) which is connected to my TV by SCART. The DVD player is connected by SCART to the VCR and to my AV amp by Coax. Finally, when I use my PS2 I just plug it into the phono sockets (Red, White and Yellow) on the front of my TV.

When I get my PJ, I'm going to connect the DVD player directly to the PJ by S-Video (the best output it has), and to the VCR by SCART, with the VCR still connected to the TV by SCART too for day to day use. My questions are these:

1) Is this the best proposed set-up?
    2) When I've got this set-up, is there an easy way to display my PS2 signal on the PJ without running a second cable from the PS2 to the PJ and without having to disconnect the S-Video cable from the DVD player and plug it into the PS2 when I want to use it?

Any help appreciated!

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Get a better dvd player with RGB scart out or better still componant if your projectoer supports it. Look at the Pioneer 575 at approx £135. does everything and has all the connections you need. Then connect the PS2 to the pj with the s-viseo. Video to pj with scart.

3. phil2415

phil2415
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well a new DVD player is an option for the medium term future, but for now I want to get what I've got working. And I've read a lot of bad things about SCART, so why would I want to use to it to connect the PJ to the VCR?

One thing I forgot to ask in my original post is: How would I get a TV signal to my projector with my proposed set-up?