1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so much choice!!!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by mickey, Jul 7, 2004.

1. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    hi guys, I am off tomorrow to find a new mobile and have narrowed it down to one of these four.
    • nokia 6230
    • nokia 6600
    • nokia 7610
    • sony k700i

any owners with these phones who wouldnt mind giving a honest opinion of their phone would be appreciated. my main needs are good reception, nice sounding tones and easy messaging. I am on Orange at the moment, would changing to another service improve my reception, T.I.A Mike

2. Frankie_D

Frankie_D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey i was having the same problem the last couple of months so i can tell you what my research ended up with:
    Basically the most fully featured and best is the nokia 7610 as its a smartphone and has the best camera but i didnt get it as it was too expensive (i'm on pay as you go), i would rule out the 6600 as its just an older 7610.
    As for the other two i eventually got the k700i as it has a better screen, bluetooth and i like the design but it doesnt have a memory card slot like the 6230. Finally i have to add that the sony's battery life isn't that great so if you have to go a couple of days without charging then don't get it.

Frank

3. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    well i got the 7610 this morning and I found it impossible to hold the phone in one hand and text , even just using the soft keys wasnt easy , too damn slippy, the keys really are not laid out for a left handed person at all ( can I sue them for being leftist :D ) the video record and playback was quite choppy, and i found the whole use of the phone quite slow compared to my e700. so the 7610 is going back tomorrow and i will try the 6230. had a demo of the k700i and found that slow as well. maybe i,m just too impatient. :blush: ;)

4. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    well had the 6230 for a couple of days now and find it really easy to use , the reception has never dropped ,ringtones are awesome (since i use mp3s :clap: ) and the whole phone screams quality not quantity. I would of liked a bigger screen but you cant have everything , All in all a cracking phone I will be keeping for a while :smashin: . at least till I get back from florida :D now off to ebay to get rid of my old phone. cheers Mike

5. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +303
    I just got a K700i and its a nice phone but the software on mine seems to be a bit screwed up. It just freezes and I have to remove the battery to restart it. Happens quite a lot when ending conversations and sometimes even mid conversation ! Going back tomorrow....

6. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32