so much choice!PASSIVE advice please.

ppj

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry , i know i have already asked about a samsung on here but since that post have looked online and theres quite a lot of choice in 50 ins or thereabouts for £ 700 ish. any advice which to consider or avoid greatfully appreciated.will be our main tv so good hd pic quality important.thanks.

Last edited:
I'll keep this thread open and close your other one to prevent any cross posting. ;)

spent a while in currys today and seems led going to be my choice liked lg,sony,toshiba and samsung. cant remember the models tho:rolleyes: but really want to go for 51-55 ins range with budget of around £1000. anyone with suggestions to help me narrow it down be much appreciated , tv use is daily with sky hd and also 3d blu ray.thanks.

some of the models today samsung UE55D6100SKXXU , LG 55LW450U,LG55LW550T. THEY WERE JUST OVER BUDGET INSTORE BUT OFFERS TO BE HAD , ARE THEY ALL FULL HD SO MY 2D VIEWING GOOD?THANKS.

Just looked online theres lots of models in and around £1200 especially lg , can i use ps3 as a source aswell as sky? Not all offers have dvd 3d players so would buy in ny but still want to have dvd use over xmas.

some of the models today samsung UE55D6100SKXXU , LG 55LW450U,LG55LW550T. THEY WERE JUST OVER BUDGET INSTORE BUT OFFERS TO BE HAD , ARE THEY ALL FULL HD SO MY 2D VIEWING GOOD?THANKS.
If you really are serious about 3D then you need to decide if you're going for a passive 3D since they will most likely give you the best experience long term. Obviously if you're not that bothered about 3D then it doesn't matter.

Both LG sets you've mentioned display Full HD both in 2D and 3D.

As always, check them out yourself :)

EDIT: You can use a DVD player but not for 3D

Last edited:
thanks, definetly going for passive . will go back out tue and demo some more.

whats the difference between the LG w450u and 650t? 55 ins model. on comet site they both 100hz.

The 650 is 850mhz whilst the 450 is 400mhz, the 650 also has a bigger contrast ratio (9,000,000:1) whilst the 450 has 7,000,000:1. The 650 also has more connections and has the smart tv functionality for web enabled content.

seen both today just need to find best deal for the better of the 2 sets now,seems only currys have them

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom