So many tv's! Which one?

RenaultSport

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a 37-40" LCD. Mainly to be used with a PC, Sky HD and an Xbox 360. Ideally I'd like it to have 1:1 pixel mapping via VGA. I've sort of narrowed the choice down to the following:

Philips 37PF9731D - I hear this is a fab tv but has issues?
Samsung LE40N73BD - Seems like a good alrounder?
Samsung LE40F71BX - 1080p big brother of the above
Toshiba 37WLT68 - Seems good but not for pc use?

The 1080p samsung seems to do everything I want, but is 1600 quid, the non 1080 samsung is around the £1000 ish mark. Is it worth the extra for the higher res or should I buy the cheaper screen now and wait for 1080p screens to mature? Also the PQ on the phillips is supposed to be ace,but apparently has some issues?

Canyone shed some light here, or suggest a suitable tv?

Thanks

Go for the Philips.

Like you i read review after review and they all said Philips then read this site which kinda put me off. Anyway i bought it £1580 (currys) and have to say absolutely no problems and if anyone can find a T.V with a better picture than this (which is surely what it is all about) i would be interested to see it.

Does the Philips do 1:1 mapping over VGA? Philips have been very poor with VGA support in the past & only supported 4:3 resolutions.

I was looking at getting a Philips as I liked the quality of the screen with Pixel Plus and the ambilight was kinda cool. But after doing some research I found the resolutions on the PC input were all 4:3 (640, 800 and 1024) whereas the Samsungs do 1:1.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom