1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So many different AV leads for the Xbox - which one do i need ?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by spikeyboyo, May 9, 2002.

1. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having just purchased the Xbox - i need to get a new lead so that i can get dolby digital and also S-video.

My TV only has 2 RGB ready scarts both currently used for DvD and Sky, so i need to have S-vid for the xbox, but i also want to connect to my denon amp for DD.

Have looked around various different sites and there seems to be so many different AV leads i dont have a clue which one i need to get Svid with DD. Some are HD pack, advanced pack, svid pack etc etc.

Does the standard MS advanced scart for £19.99 do Svid ? or is it just RGB. or does it do all three RGB, Svid and composit ?

I can either take the svid via scart or svid connector on side of tv.

Spike

2. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I had the same problem

2 options

1. Import an advanced AV pack which has s video + optical (£28)

2. Try and find the UK version made by Joytech from Curry's,Dixons or PC World (£15)

I've had no luck with Joytech lead so I've imported one from http://www.lik-sang.com

3. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,200

£28 :eek:

£14.96 from dvdBoxoffice Takes a bit of time though !!

4. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I got the joytech leads from www.dixons.co.uk for £14.99 (+ £3 pp). Took a couple of weeks to arrive (they were o/s when i ordered).
    Worth buying just to play HALO in DD. Absolutely amazing !!!:D :D :D

5. McPastry

McPastry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just tested the Microsoft Advanced Scart on my telly and confirm that it carries no s-video, just composite and RGB. Another option to get s-vid out of the xbox would be Monster Cable's rather pricey one. They connect directly from the console to the TV (unlike the MS jobbies) and also have an optical out. If anyone knows where I could get one of these (either in the uk or from a us website) let me know!

6. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just wondered if its worth connecting one of these sockets to make your scart RGB on your TV but there about £70 .

As for the joytech advance scart don`t know if you have one by now but I just popped in Dixons and they said they have full stock of the Joytech one and they can send one from another branch if your doesn`t have it .

I have this one and as captaindobie says def worth having for Halo alone .

7. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies - i went for the Joytech lead for £14.99 from Dixons

Great lead as far as i can see for the price - does everything i need and Halo now sounds the dogs :) :D

Spike

8. popeckia

popeckia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to all for the advice here, found the lead (eventually) in PC World... after trying numerous Dixons and Currys shops. As a result though I now have a redundant hi-def lead (component output + optical) - you can't get them officially over here, had to import from Canada... if anyone is interested in buying it, drop me a private message