So....Liepzig. What we gonna see??

andymckay2001

So..... What are these "fireworks" we have heard all about going to be :confused:

We have heard all about the 'Freeview tuner add-on'

More smoke and mirrors? :thumbsdow

Some bloody good content on the store? :thumbsup:
(There's already a Folklore demo up there!!)

Some confirmed release dates? :eek:

The one thing I think is possible is............due to the fact Apple have announced there will be tv and movie downloads on itunes very soon, Sony are going to beat them and Microsoft to it.

Roll on tomorrow :thumbsup:

theblacksheep

New metal gear stuff to be shown, rumors of a new video for PSN.

PES2008 shown to the press tomorrow, hopefully a PSN video (cross fingers for demo).

damianpadden

PES2008 is the one that's going to get all the coverage I hope, just seen a fifa08 trailer and its looks ok for about 2 seconds then I remember it's Fifa08 and I stop the trailer.:D

p9ul

Distinguished Member
"Entitlements" or "Trophies" or whatever they're called - I think a lot of people underestimate just how addictive the 360's achievements are.

Think a lot of it will revolve around Home, although no doubt we'll be treated to more MGS & GT goodness.

Perssonally hoping to see more of Wipeout HD.

ozzyo99

I'm hoping Sony will unveil the much talked about UMD and Mini-Disc addons and to announce further delays on numerous games...
[/Cynic]

But seriously, I want games and some Home announcements. It's high time the PS3 started to realise it's potential as a games machine.

Bogside

I genuinely expect a price cut announcement. I must be naive. Doesn't bother me as such as I've bitten the bullet.

I also think there'll be a 1.9.1 update announced

Huddo

We've already got clips of Pro Evo 2008 for both Xbox360 and PS3 appearing on the net, they both look pretty much the same at the moment !

Huddo

CasDon

According to this on the BBC they are set to announce a TV tuner + function to turn the PS3 into a Digialt TV receiver & recorder.

I'm hoping this will be an add on not an in-built feature cos I will be mightily :mad: if its an inbuilt having only just bought 3 weeks ago.

andyjenkins

According to this on the BBC they are set to announce a TV tuner + function to turn the PS3 into a Digialt TV receiver & recorder.

I'm hoping this will be an add on not an in-built feature cos I will be mightily :mad: if its an inbuilt having only just bought 3 weeks ago.

Inbuilt has to be the better option - the only input on the PS3 are the USB/Firewire ports on the front - which will be just ugly having a dongle or cable constantly attached via those. Why Sony did'nt put any input's on the rear is the unit is beyond me.

Honestly, though - I can't see them relasing a "inbuilt only" option - that will just be stupid - and Sony are not stupid.

Are they?

onkeh

There's nothing to stop the freeview tuner going IPTV via your broadband, no dongle necessary :)

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Gotta love the live updates on eurogamer, some of the comments are hilarious e.g.

'He's introducing MGS4. Now he's speaking Japanese. I don't know why. Maybe if he spent a bit more time selling PS3s than learning languages people would stop slagging him off'

andyjenkins

Unfortunately, the comments on EG were the best thing about the conference! Fireworks? Damp squib more like.

Even PlayTV was leaked, and announced about 2pm. No commercial or technical details either. Just a picture of what it looks like. Impressive. :confused::confused::rolleyes:

Ah well .. back cooking the dinner ... 9 years of wedded bliss today. Suppose I should be spending time with the wife, not reading EG blogs :D

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Yeah, didn't hear anything there that's made me any more enthusiastic about the PS3. In fact with the announcement this week that Paramount/Dreamworks have now gone HD-DVD exclusive I think I'll stick with my elite preorder and get a HD-DVD drive for it. When will Sony do an exciting/interesting press conference?

Bigsmoke

Banned
Yeah, didn't hear anything there that's made me any more enthusiastic about the PS3. In fact with the announcement this week that Paramount/Dreamworks have now gone HD-DVD exclusive I think I'll stick with my elite preorder and get a HD-DVD drive for it. When will Sony do an exciting/interesting press conference?

Snap, I am feeling exactly the same! very poor showing again from Sony. Again still no price drop?? with the 360 premium falling to 249 this friday the PS3 is looking really bad value at 425 for someone who is only interested in playing games!! going on this conference today sony seem to have forgotten all about them?

stoomc

Snap, I am feeling exactly the same! very poor showing again from Sony. Again still no price drop?? with the 360 premium falling to 249 this friday the PS3 is looking really bad value at 425 for someone who is only interested in playing games!! going on this conference today sony seem to have forgotten all about them?

I am not 100% sure if it is sitll going but you can get a PS3 for £320 from shop.to.

FrankieAD

tbh i dont think the freeview will be any good unless its Sky freeview(no dish), wonder if we will see anything like rumbling sixaxis

for_mandalore

Here's the official press release for PlayTV:

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=4413&NewsAreaID=2

I like the fact you can remote view recorded shows on your PSP (or transfer them via usb cable)

Me too. I haven't got a PSP but was thinking about getting a slimline one when they come out. The idea of being able to watch favourite tv shows on PSP at work is quite appealing. Plus, if someone has got 2 tvs but only one sky box it might save money on getting multiroom.

Do you think there will be a subscription fee or something when this gadget is released?

D

Deleted member 92943

Hmmmm. Looks alot like Apples 'Front row' software:rolleyes:

screenshot_184444.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors