1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, just how long DOES it take to package a DVD...?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Family Guy, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I orderded tha Monster Legacy Boxset from DVD Soon on May 11th...and at the time it was showing as IN STOCK.
    I checked my order the next day...it was pending. When I checked the Boxset, it had gone OUT OF STOCK overnight...and I must have just dipped out... :(
    I can stomach that, no problem. As I got a really good price (about £33 inc postage), I decide to leave it on order until some came in stock...
    Well, Monday just gone, it finally showed IN STOCK and my order moved up to PACKAGING...where it has been ever since... :mad:
    Now, I've carried out a couple of hundred trades on this and other forums, mainly DVD's, and if I timed myself, I reckon it would take me no more than 3 minutes to put the DVD in the Jiffy bag, print of a label, attach the label to the bag and apply the stamps.
    Given that DVD Soon are probably a very big company that probably work for 8 hours a day take off an hour for lunch...that's 420 minutes a day....Which means that on average they should be able to package 140 DVD's a day tops...which means since my Monster Legacy came in stock, they should have managed to wrap 700 DVD's - give or take. (that's only working on ONE person packaging as well...they probably have more.)
    Question is, since they have had my money for a month...why leave it 'til last...?? :confused: :mad: :mad:

Rant Over...sort of...

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    My Mystic River has also been 'Packaging' for a few days now. Maybe their stamp licker is sick? :laugh:

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He'd better be!!! :mad: :mad:

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,945
    Have you tried emailing them mate for a reason why it is taking so long to get your order shipped out as I placed an order on May 31st and it finally changed from Pending to Packaging on Monday and when I asked them how long it would be until it was shipped out they say it should be no later than the middle of next week but I recieved an email today saying my order had been shipped out so they cant be that behind in orders, maybe they have forgotten about your order?

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have e mailed them yes...all they did was e mail me back the order status... :thumbsdow Which I could have got from my account their website... :rolleyes:

6. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    You could always ask here. They usually respond pretty quickly. Someone else posted a similar problem, and they have apparently have an "overflow of orders to ship this week".

7. Makaveli

Makaveli
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had a copy of Versus on order.
    It was in stock the entire time according to the site.
    It took 6 weeks to ship!

I did e-mail them and they told me that sometimes their suppliers run out of stock but it's still listed as in stock, so they don't actually have it but they should.
    Basically, if that is the case, they can do nothing other than wait for the new stock to come in. A bit messy to say the least.

8. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still :censored: packaging!!!
    Though did get this excuse for an e mail this afternoon...

Dear Sir.

As stated in our terms of use the moment the buy now button is pushed the amount is direclty charged to the credit card.

I was told that all items that have been in packaging for a certain period of time due to the overflow of orders that were placed , should be shipped out either by the end of today or tomorrow at latest.

If you should need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Yours truly,

9. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    I hate it when dvd's take so long to pack, think the longest i had to wait for a dvd tgo pack was 1 week, which was for TFOTR. It's really anoying cause you know that its not possible that a dvd can take over 1 hour to pack let alone over a few days.

10. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Posted today!!! 8 days after coming in stock... :rolleyes:

11. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    My Mystic River was in packaging for about 4 or 5 days, but then I received the shipping confirmation on Saturday (12th), and it arrived today (15th), so unless Canada Post has recently had a rocket up it's arse, it seems there could be a delay moving items from 'Packaging' status, to 'Shipped'.

12. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well...it arrived today via UPS with no customs charges attached...however, Frankenstein legacy disc 2 (containing 3 films) was a rattler and is a total write of... :mad:
    I have contacted them and hopefully, they'll replace it. Spoke to them on the phone and the guy said they'll replace the whole thing, but am not to do anything until I get an e mail from them...the way this is going, I'll have to pay postage to send this one back AND I'll get hit for customs for the next one... :suicide:

13. Will K

Will K
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They don't usually ask you to send faulty products back, they reserve the right to request this though, and they should mark a replacement as $0.

14. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Filled out the forms, faxed them off...just wait now to see what happens.
    The good thing is, the disc still plays OK on my Onkyo DVD player even though it is quite badly and deeply scrtached...so if they decide they aren't going to replace it, at least i can still watch the movies...