So , its THE DARK KNIGHT then ..

How do you rate this film? (please vote only after seeing)

• 10 (Genre defining)

Votes: 171 33.6%
  • 9 (Outstanding)

Votes: 187 36.7%
  • 8 (Excellent)

Votes: 84 16.5%
  • 7 (Good)

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • 6 (Above average)

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • 5 (Average)

Votes: 10 2.0%
  • 4 (Below average)

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • 3 (Bad)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 (Very poor)

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • 1 (Appalling)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Oh Dear. The comic book fans are going to execute this. Unless Frank Miller's name turns up somewhere in the credits.

was really hoping the early romours of Sean Penn playing the joker would come to pass... he would have been my choice :)

Sean Penn would have been too old...the characters in this Batman series are all a lot younger...but Heath Ledger...what are they thinking?????

The only things that Heath ledger has done that I thought was any good was A Knights Tale and 10 Things I Hate About You, Two Hands wasn't too bad and Brothers Grimm was only watchable for Monica Bellucci:)devil: ).

I still think Paul Bettany would've been the better choice.

I still think Adrien Brody would have been the best, but I assume that Christopher Nolan knows what he's doing!

heath ledger already has a joker type smile tho...

Heath Ledger is an intersting choice, but i'll put my confidence in Nolan to make another great film. :lesson:

As said above Ledger has the Joker smile already and we know he can act (Monsters Ball & Brokeback Mountain) lets just see if he can do the bad guy thing! I'm assuming Nolan must have done some sort of screen test with him etc??

Well he certainly has a lot to live up to after Nicholson! :thumbsup:

Rob

Oh well...no Crispin Glover then. If I'm honest I never really believed he would get the part (although I still think he could have been great) but I'm not completely sold on Heath Ledger. Not a huge fan of his, but I'll reserve judgment until I see the film. I do have faith in Nolan to make the right choices for the next movie - the casting in Begins was pretty spot on I thought with Katie Holmes being the weak link, but I didn't think she was that bad.

Now I wonder if Harvey Dent will feature in the second film as Goyer has hinted at in the past? Who would be right for Dent then guys?

CrazyHorse said:
Now I wonder if Harvey Dent will feature in the second film as Goyer has hinted at in the past? Who would be right for Dent then guys?

He was mentioned somewhere as a possible for The Joker, but I think that Alexis Denisoff(Wesley in Buffy/Angel) would be a choice from left field.

slightly upset that ledger will be joker,hopefully the screen tests will be crap and they'll change their minds and put Crispin Glover into the role.

I've heard that Ryan Phillipe is in the running for the role of Dent but even more worrying for this film I think is that Batmon on film keep re-iterating the fact that this film will feature multiple villans...namely Penguin who (if Nolan gets his way) is likely to be played by Philip Seymour Hoffman

I'm not looking forward to a multiple villan movie to be honest.

I'd prefer to just have a movie dedicated to Batman V Joker so much scope for a really great film if written properly with just one villan.

Neil

agree 100% with you, too many villans will drown batman out which is a very bad move.....bloody toys and tie in spoil some films

Soundwave said:
I've heard that Ryan Phillipe is in the running for the role of Dent

God, I hope not. He's too much of a pretty boy to me to be Dent. Yes the character should be of presentable appearance but Phillipe is a good 5 years too young(he's 32 btw). The District Attorney needs to be someone in their late 30's early 40's, a similar age to Gordon.

Alexis Denisof is 40, y'see he's the right age:D .

johnscarlet said:
So , its THE DARK NIGHT then
Well, no it's actually called The Dark Knight...

Soundwave said:
I'm not looking forward to a multiple villan movie to be honest.

I'd prefer to just have a movie dedicated to Batman V Joker so much scope for a really great film if written properly with just one villan.

If they go down the same naff multiple villian route as Batman Fever & Batman & Robin, I agree wholeheartedly, but don't forget that Batman Begins technically had 3 villians: Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul & crime boss Falcone.

Hopefully, if they go with The Penguin, he'll be closer to the recent comics crimelord type figure & less of the Tim Burton 'freak from the sewers'.

:)

aprout said:
If they go down the same naff multiple villian route as Baman Fever & Batman & Robin, I agree wholeheartedly, but don't forget that Batman Begins technically had 3 villians: Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul & crime boss Falcone.

Hopefully, if they go with The Penguin, he'll be closer to the recent comics crimelord type figure & less of the Tim Burton 'freak from the sewers'.

:)

Well from what I've read Penguin will be more of a Crime Boss/Weapons Trader than the Burton mould which would be better.

If done properly it could work but I'm not convinced, whereas in Begins each criminal was small time really & pretty dependent to the story of Wayne becoming Bats.
However from a comic/fans point of view in this movie both villans would be quite big & require a huge chunk of screentime for back story/development which wasnt really required for the villans from the first (except Ra's anyway) so to squeeze that all in for a 2hr film will probably ruin it :(

Neil

Cheers LFCRules ;)

oh i dont know... sure they could have done something to make Penn look younger..and he would have been totally bad ass. are they ignoring the timelines in the other batman films altogether? i have a question re begins... in Batman with keaton and all, the joker killed bruces parents...or am i just dreaming that? i'm not that famillar with the comics but who killed them in the comics?

cheers,
mick

Tim Burton pretty much made up that the Joker killed Bruce's parents.

Batman Begins is more true to the comics in that it was just some random thug that did the deed

Neil

id like to see walton goggins from the shield play harvey dent,he has a mad looking face

MrFurious said:
id like to see walton goggins from the shield play harvey dent,he has a mad looking face

Now there's a good call! :thumbsup: :D

Rob

johnscarlet said:
Last edited by johnscarlet : Yesterday at 06:28 PM. Reason: 'cos Garrett won the "spot the Deliberate Mistake Competion ":rotfl: . Congratulations Garrett

Yes I came back on site 1am to see if you wanted the title changing after PM ing you earlier about it and find you give the job to LFCRules:confused:

Well I personally think that Ledger will make a great Joker. With the right make-up I can really imagine him as the Joker, he already kind of has the smile. Also after watching him in Brokeback he has the acting range to do the role justice. Good casting imo.

Garrett said:
Yes I came back on site 1am to see if you wanted the title changing after PM ing you earlier about it and find you give the job to LFCRules:confused:

LFCR did it all by himself . Only took him 3 days tho :D

john

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom